Echo CS-670 Vrs. Stihl MS260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manual

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Echo CS- 520 Vrs. Stihl MS260

I was just wondering if I could get some input on these two saws in a comparison.
Has anyone tested these two side by side?

Seems like they run the same rpm and cc is very close.

This should indicate that the Echo will last...... Oh twenty years.

Really what do you guys think?

Last edited:
I was just wondering if I could get some input on these two saws in a comparison.
Has anyone tested these two side by side?

Seems like they run the same rpm and cc is very close.

This should indicate that the Echo will last...... Oh twenty years.

Really what do you guys think?

The Echo will last 20 years easy just dont take it out of the box lol:greenchainsaw:

No joking now S.T.

ya see the Echo CS-520 is :

3,06cu. in,/ 50.1cc
12,250 rpm
10.8 lbs / 4.0 kg
can run a 16 - 20in" bar

Heres the kicker 5 YEAR consumer, 1 year commercail warranty.

all for 399.95 sold by Baileys

There are lots of 20 and 30 year old Echo's out there still running. Ebay is full of them. I have a 40 year old one that runs great and is my favorite saw...Bob

No joking now S.T.

ya see the Echo CS-520 is :

3,06cu. in,/ 50.1cc
12,250 rpm
10.8 lbs / 4.0 kg
can run a 16 - 20in" bar

Heres the kicker 5 YEAR consumer, 1 year commercail warranty.

all for 399.95 sold by Baileys

Sure, but you said 670 originally - and all Echos have little power output for their size, anyway.....:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

are we talking about the 670 or the 520?
i'm kunfuzzed

The 520 My bad I changed it for ya.
I just got the Baileys add and was reading it in the hum.....Study

and low and behold I was thinking about what THall was saying about the MS260.

He said that the reason that saw is so good is because it runs slower rpms then the huskys and dolmars.

So I was just wondering how this Echo adds up as a wood chucking fire wood saw.

Last edited:
see other user

thers is a user here named brian s that has a 520 and he apperars to think very highly of it.
personally i would have gotten one instead of my cs-440 but timing and dollars said otherwise.

Sure, but you said 670 originally - and all Echos have little power output for their size, anyway.....:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Sorry Manual havnt tried their saws but I had a strimmer on demonstration last year cant remember the model but it was about 40cc and weighed the same as a small car boy was that thing heavy! and it required 25;1 mix which is a bit of a pain when everything else i have runs 50ish to1

Sorry Manual havnt tried their saws but I had a strimmer on demonstration last year cant remember the model but it was about 40cc and weighed the same as a small car boy was that thing heavy! and it required 25;1 mix which is a bit of a pain when everything else i have runs 50ish to1

Where did you come from, a 40cc trimmer running 25 to 1 as heavy as a car. No more BS. Steve

Personally

I have run an old Echo SRM 300 and a newer 2100.

The 300 was heavy and vibrated quite a bit. Hard to start - hated it.

The 2100 was a gem. I'd buy more if I could justify it.

thers is a user here named brian s that has a 520 and he apperars to think very highly of it.
personally i would have gotten one instead of my cs-440 but timing and dollars said otherwise.

Thats what I'm talking about.
This saw has all the bells and whistles.

side access chain tesioner
a slope advance ignition system
easy access, cartridge-type air filter
echo branded Oregon 18" bar

Echo Power Blend oil.
attachment.php

Where did you come from, a 40cc trimmer running 25 to 1 as heavy as a car. No more BS. Steve

SRM4000U Built to perform and last!

Driven by a 42.7cc engine, this brushcutter weighs just 8.7kg and has semi-automatic decompression for easy starting. The new cover design incorporates a �one touch� tool free air filter cover to encourage frequent cleaning in dusty conditions and maintain peak performance. Comes with a 2-string head and steel brush blade.
Engine 2-Stroke
Weight (Dry) 8.7kg
Length (w/o cutter head) 1860mm
Handle U Handle

42.7cc 8.7kilos manual states 25;1
compared to stihl fs250 40.2cc 6.2 kilos 50;1

Thats what I'm talking about.
This saw has all the bells and whistles.

side access chain tesioner
a slope advance ignition system
easy access, cartridge-type air filter
echo branded Oregon 18" bar

all saw makers can keep the side access tensioner. i really don't see the point.
they really re-invented the wheel on that one, imo.

Have you EVER run a modern ECHO? Or had one apart to see how well they are put together? be honest. Steve

I have a top handle echo. Runs great.

I understand Echo has made some changes to there line.

carrying a 5 year warranty tells me that this saw is made not to burn up.

Latest posts

Back