Echo CS-670 Vrs. Stihl MS260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all saw makers can keep the side access tensioner. i really don't see the point.
they really re-invented the wheel on that one, imo.

Managed to cut myself adjusting front tesioners but never with a side adjuster

Last edited:
I have a top handle echo. Runs great.

I understand Echo has made some changes to there line.

carrying a 5 year warranty tells me that this saw is made not to burn up.

they do run LEAN out of the box (all of them, so i've heard). i like the warranty too, but it still may burn up.

they do run LEAN out of the box (all of them, so i've heard). i like the warranty too, but it still may burn up.

well you can burn anything up.

Could you tell me if Echo runs Mag casings or plastic?

I'm thinking plastic could be wrong.

whats not to like. it is a proven design thats been on saws since before i was born or owned a saw.:)
side tensioners are fine but i don't need them, do i?

The problem I have had with them is I have to carry 2 tools to adjust them because a swrench just doesn't quite fit. Plus the screw gets dirty fast.

well you can burn anything up.

Could you tell me if Echo runs Mag casings or plastic?

I'm thinking plastic could be wrong.

you are going outside my expertise (been there since beginning).
i do believe that the case is metal. though the rest of the saw is plastic.
i seem to remember thios from previous threads, don't quote me.

The problem I have had with them is I have to carry 2 tools to adjust them because a swrench just doesn't quite fit. Plus the screw gets dirty fast.

+1 and theres no need to change position or let the bar tip go while adjusting just flip the scrench over and tighten

which one do you have the problem with? my cs-440 front tensioner adjusts easy with the echo scrench.

Jonsered 49SP and Stihl 015.

Maybe the newer ones are better, but I hate front tensioners.

I have to carry a swrench for the clutch cover and a small or long handled screw driver for the tensioner.

I've actually had the Jonsered bend 2 screws as well - all from the bar being "made" to fit by the original dealer back in 1981 or something. Ended up getting a new screw and a new bar for it. Not to mention the screw gets dirty instantly once I start cutting dead wood (which is what I use that saw for). A side tensioner would have the screw out of the line of fire so to speak. It's workable but a little clumsy.

Manual have you bought the Echo yet?

The CS-520

Good looking saw
Fuel and oil caps look easy to open

attachment.php

Jonsered 49SP and Stihl 015.

Maybe the newer ones are better, but I hate front tensioners.

I have to carry a swrench for the clutch cover and a small or long handled screw driver for the tensioner.

I've actually had the Jonsered bend 2 screws as well - all from the bar being "made" to fit by the original dealer back in 1981 or something. Ended up getting a new screw and a new bar for it. Not to mention the screw gets dirty instantly once I start cutting dead wood (which is what I use that saw for). A side tensioner would have the screw out of the line of fire so to speak. It's workable but a little clumsy.

Manual have you bought the Echo yet?

No I have not bought the Echo
Just asking questions about it.

I'm saving up for the Jonsered 2153 as of now.

I would like to know how the echo stacks up to the Stihl Ms260
seems they would cut side by side.
For the money seems the echo would be the one to buy.

I am going to take a look at it.
My Jonsered dealer sells Echo too. so Parts should not be any problem.

Thanks Mountainlake.

Looks like Echo is making a better name for themselves.
Heck they even have a 80cc saw out. Thing is I only see it as a rescue saw.

Manual - I think its time to change your avatar...you've already burned through the stihl, husky, and jonsered hats ;). Looks like Echo would be the next logical choice. Later on you still have the Dolmar card to play.

Back