Echo cs400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbartruff

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found an echo cs400 that is stock. It looks like new and runs great. It is a 2011 model. The person came down to 140.00 on it. Is this saw worth that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a new cs400, new in box with a manufacture date of june 2014 for $150 from a local pawn shop.

So I would say no.

I have two CS-370's and they are my "go to" saws for small work here on the property. The one that rides in my quad basket has about a zillion hours on it, FLAWLESS now for quite a few years. I use it and my CS-360T all the time trying to get them to develope a "death rattle", which to date hasn't happened. Both are stone stock except the CAT's are removed from the muffler and 4 holes drilled in the "can" with the exit hole opened up slightly.

The CS-370/400's have PLENTY of power for the cc's, but not a high rpm design, more of a mid-range design, but well suited for limbing and small stuff......Cliff

I would offer him $75 and not pay more than $100.

Too many years on it for that money......

I have a cs400 by accident every body fights over it first because its easy 2 use chain not as good but saw is assume 5yrs.1000's of hours I would buy that saw right now hav them pm me.

What are they selling for new, this year?? I think they were 300 clams last year..
That's less than 1/2 of retail, but where has been? How was it ran? Had it been fed well on a good diet of fuel mix?
Pop the plug and or muffler if you can nd have a look,,
If it looks clean on the inside I'd give 140 clams for it.

Looks almost brand new. Hasn't been abused. When I looked at it all his other stuff in the garage was well taken care of. Said he used it about 3 times and didn't need it any longer. It ran well.

I bought it for $125.00. Runs great. He even threw in a new chain he had bought for it and a gallon of bar oil.

Latest posts

Back