Echo CS4510ES

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Reaction score
9052_ext_01_0.png

I've found rather confusing info about this saw: some say it's stratocharged while others it's not. Some say it's a magnesium case saw and others a clamshell.
It should be available on some European markets next month but I don't know if it will be available here as well: Yamabiko has been slashing what they import with the same ferocity they increase prices. :dumb2:

It looks rather interesting and should I not find the GZ4500 I've been wanting for years I may pop the other side of the border and buy one.

New design. Powerful saw for professionals. Chain tension from the side. ES startup system for easy and effortless start.

- Engine size 45cm3
- Power 2.3kW - 3.1hp -
Weight 5kg
-
Sword Length 38cm 15 " - Chain .325 1.5mm - Drive 64

Available with other sword lengths:
- 33cm 13"
- 45cm 18 "
483 USD

Nice looking saw but-
Outboard clutch?
I don't see me buying one of these over a ms261 c-m

Arent they in the 241cm class?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MSRP for the German market (including 19% VAT).
Stihl MS241C-M: €849
Husqvarna 543XP: €830
Echo CS4510ES: €520
Dolmar PS460: €510

Judging by price alone it's likely to be a "semi-professional" saw like the PS460, meaning a clamshell with some features taken from high end saws. If Echo managed to build a mag case saw at that price it would be an industry changer... :envy:

Glad to see them using strato. I hope this attempt won't be as fat as the previous one. I'm not sure why some of the engineers can't implement it without adding so much weight, especially on clean-sheet new designs.

If you look at the first strato, the GZ4000, it was implemented on an existing G3800 chassis, incorporated an air valve, new piston and quad transfers and gained very little weight or size. They didn't even change the muffler.

It would have been cool if they based it on the CS510/520/530. I like the idea of a clamshell and a mag chassis.

Glad to see them using strato. I hope this attempt won't be as fat as the previous one. I'm not sure why some of the engineers can't implement it without adding so much weight, especially on clean-sheet new designs.

If you look at the first strato, the GZ4000, it was implemented on an existing G3800 chassis, incorporated an air valve, new piston and quad transfers and gained very little weight or size. They didn't even change the muffler.

It would have been cool if they based it on the CS510/520/530. I like the idea of a clamshell and a mag chassis.

Sorry people, but I swore in 2018 I will only buy saws if either one of mine grenades in such a way as to be uneconomical to fix or if I win the lottery or I inherit a lot of money from an unknown relative. So as much as I'd like I am not buying this saw to take it apart. ;)

Sorry people, but I swore in 2018 I will only buy saws if either one of mine grenades in such a way as to be uneconomical to fix or if I win the lottery or I inherit a lot of money from an unknown relative. So as much as I'd like I am not buying this saw to take it apart. ;)
See that's a problem because I don't intend to buy any more either. We gotta find someone we can talk into getting one and taking it apart so we can see what's in it!

Arent they in the 241cm class?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nope. CS-4510 is in MS251/H445 homeowner/prosumer class. A tad more power and slightly better weight/power ratio in this plastic-case 45cc class.
Yes, it's strato/easystart/primer/lossless nuts/outboard clutch/etc. Already tried it :)

Echo has 390 in ~40cc pro saw class, but it seems it isn't available in Americas - in EU it's CS-390ESX, in JP it's Shindaiwa 2038E.

Latest posts

Back