Echo cs4600 ignition parts interchange

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rx7man

Cattle Rubbing Post
Reaction score
Well, my friends Echo CS4600 gave up the ghost.. ignition died, and I'm not having any luck finding one on fleabay.. Apparently there were other similar saws.. did the 3900 have the same ignition? any other models I should look for?

I think the secondary coil is OK, and I'd just need the primary that goes against the flywheel..

Anyone got one by chance?

Thanks.. I'm still not finding any sources for the parts though... I might hack the old one apart and see if there's anything I can do to it like on the old Stihl ignitions.. it does have some WEAK spark if you turn it over at 2000 RPM with a drill, but you'd never be able to have it run that way.. Bad condenser is the most likely suspect... getting to it will be fun though

Sorry I haven't read all 8 pages of that thread yet.. This saw has the 2 piece ignition.. I see lots of 1 piece systems on ebay if they interchange.. $96 is a lot of money for that part though

Is this the one piece ignition module? Have you checked where the plug wire connects to the module? Sometimes the wire will separate off the stud where it fits into the module. Some are made to separate and some are soldered. Who is the manufacturer of the module? Im might have a used one.

I don't have the manufacturer handy, but it is a two piece.... the plug wire seemed snug in there... I did a continuity check on the secondary coil and it seemed reasonable.. guessing it's the primary/module that's toast... I might try putting the secondary coil of a Husky 61 or 272 on it just to troubleshoot.

Latest posts

Back