Echo cs590 20"bar needed....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selica

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm in need of a new bar, its been well used just curious if anyone has any good recommendations ?.
I cut firewood mainly birch sometimes oak. I find the stock 20" echo timberwolf bar too flexible or maybe I'm just looking for one that's alittle tougher.
Anyways anyone have experience with different brands other than stock ?
I'd like to keep same chain type as I have a few
thanks for your time
Joseph

You could always go Cannon, too heavy for casual use though in my opinion.
The Echo bars "WHO EVER MAKES THEM" have a curved long edge - like Stihl, it prevents the chain reel off.
I prefer .050 chains, because 90% available chains is - at 42 to 92ccm.

D176 is the bar mount you are looking for. Oregon powermatch bars are a good middle of the road option for a pro grade bar. Tsu Mura is another brand that is known to be pretty strong and still not too expensive. The other option is a bar adapter that lets you run Stihl 3003 mount bars on your 590. Just make sure you double check the drive link count. Most d176 is 70 links for a 20 inch bar. Tsu Mura makes a d176 with 72 drive links and is a good choice if you want a more available chain size.

ECho OEM bars are low end Oregon bars . The power match 20” is a nice upgrade on the 590 for about $60.

Latest posts

Back