• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Echo cs590 keeping for personal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ondalay

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Less than 5 hours total on saw I was hearing great things about them so had to get one a see for myself meh. It didn't impress me. Paid 427 in take 275 and split shipping thanks

Attachments

• 20200805_234728.jpg
    20200805_234728.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
It's not a rip-snortin', fast revving kind-of a saw and it doesn't handle exceptionally well, so it's not a real sweet limber, but it handles decently enough and it has a great powerband for bucking small to medium wood. Nice motor, but not necessarily exciting. It tingles a bit, but at a frequency that is not at all bothersome. It is very well built for the price, but not very sophisticated (which is for the most part a good thing).

It took about 10 hours for me to start to appreciate the lazy effectiveness of mine and to really get used to the feel. Now I pick it up and go "oh ya, this one". It just works. Nothing fancy. It just works and does a solid job. I'd take it over the Stihl and Husky farm saws anyday.

Wow that's solid review. Thank you so much for some insite on a saw of many of mine that gave me the wrong feeling after seemingly endless tinkering with the carb trying to get its sweet spot or hell even a spot it would stay running. After what seemed like hours I got it and from there on I guess gave me bad taste in mouth for it. So I am somewhat Biased to it. I think I may take ad down and give it another go. Just by your honest and straight forward review. Of it. Thank you so much guys. Giving a onlooker for so long on this site but a man of the woods for going on 27 years this year. Once again thank you all. I'm here no matter what for anyone who is enthused about saws or arborist for that matter

KIMG4208.JPGKIMG4209.JPG
Has it had a muffler mod and carb tuned? In stock form they are fairly lackluster. Still not a high reving fast saw after the mod but they are easy starting, reliable and a very torquey much like the saws of old. Mine wears a 28" bar and with the oiler turned on full it has no trouble keeping the bar lubricated even with it fully buried. I actually enlarged the oil hole on the Archer bar to take full advantage of the oil volume. It was a bit pain to get it tuned with the limited coil but after a little bit I got used to the coil and it went smoothly. Hope you give it another chance. Safe cutting and glws if you still decide to sell.

It means a whole lot to me that my new friends here at arboristsiye take the time and give me a genuine review. You don't see this at all. Thanks so much for everyone's input I believe I'm going to give it another shot and take the ad down. I already know how my 044 and 660 run and preform that's what I need is something to tinker with and try to work the bugs out. When I put the ad up I got it running where it would idle on it's own and run full power. Not bog out like it was. I'm gonna muffler mod it like everyone advised and check it's pulse then. Once again I can't thank all you sellers enough for helping this poor Ild country boy with These modern saws. And I'm here if anyone needs me.

Don't get carried away on the muffler mod. Apparently this saw can get annoyingly loud very easily. You'll notice a switchback where the exhaust exits. Get rid of that and don't even enlarge the exit hole to start. Get rid of the limiter caps!, if you haven't already. This saw can be tuned nice and fat for excellent torque. That's the lazy-feeling part...it doesn't matter if your trigger finger is timed perfectly or not. It rarely bogs. It just goes.

you're welcome

One thing I didn't like was the front handle feel. It felt slippery to me. I put a couple of wraps of hockey stick tape on it and now it's excellent.
That's what I use on all my personal saws bought a case or I guess big box of black hockey tape 4 years ago 170 rolls of 1" ×15yds I have tape coming out my ears still to this day I give it away to employees, saw buddies whoever and still got 80 rolls .. You need some.. I'm send ya few maybe 10 rolls pay the postage no problem.

Glad you are giving the 590 another chance. Definitely do the muffler mods in small increments...like holy cow said it gets loud fast. All I did was open up the deflector on the top of the muffler and it has great power and is not rattle the neighbors teeth loud. Amazing how they come to life once there can breath. It will make a great backup to you 044 and 660. And don't be afraid to let her at the big wood turn that oiler up and go.. It's not as fast as the stihls but it just keeps eating like a starving beaver. Any questions about the mods feel free to message anytime.

That's what I use on all my personal saws bought a case or I guess big box of black hockey tape 4 years ago 170 rolls of 1" ×15yds I have tape coming out my ears still to this day I give it away to employees, saw buddies whoever and still got 80 rolls .. You need some.. I'm send ya few maybe 10 rolls pay the postage no problem.
I could use maybe 5 rolls. What do you think shipping would be to 28630?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I could use maybe 5 rolls. What do you think shipping would be to 28630?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Small flat rate box is what 5 will fit in I'm going to send you 5 I may as well send you more I'll at least send you that lol 9 bucks
51898ac9112d2fafccc0b2c7314c8912.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

Back