Echo cs60s good bad or ugly?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlaMan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would like to hear everybodys thoughts on this subject. Doesnt really matter if you are a label baby or not. :D
Thanks.

Don't use it, box it up and send it to me instead so i can have 7 of them. :D I have one of the first ones made that runs like a top. I also have the one i bought new in '79. I have a few ebay parts saws for future use as well as a couple of runners. And i have a brand new one in the box thats 25 years old. The CS-60S is my favorite Echo and we as a dealer only sold 2 of them, mine and my buddy's and he still has his also. Plus it has been made for 41 years with no changes and is still made so parts are plentyfull. I just bought an oil pump straight from Japan. So that's what i think...Bob

They're about as rugged a saw as you can find. Obviously, it's been around so long it's a good design.

Thanks for your input Bob. But if you want me to box if up for you you will have to find a 1200 and box it up for me:hmm3grin2orange: sounds like a good trade. It wasnt until just recently that i got to see a 60s up close and personal and let me tell you being as old as some of them are it just feels like a good dependable hard workn saw(minus the auto oiler). When i get mine run n i will post a picture for you to drool over. Maybe Echo is the Orange Headed stepchild as you put it but they have my vote.

How are they when you use them? Lots of vibrations? I picked one up a couple of weeks ago for $31 it kind of wants to run but it's got carburetor issues even though the carburetor was rebuilt five years ago and it's got issues leaking and I can't tell from where but I saw this post and I was curious what the saw is like actually use I thought maybe it would just be a good novelty saw but it sounds like people actually still use them

How are they when you use them? Lots of vibrations? I picked one up a couple of weeks ago for $31 it kind of wants to run but it's got carburetor issues even though the carburetor was rebuilt five years ago and it's got issues leaking and I can't tell from where but I saw this post and I was curious what the saw is like actually use I thought maybe it would just be a good novelty saw but it sounds like people actually still use them

Latest posts

Back