echo cs670 VS husky 455 rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKARLAK

Reaction score
I can buy them both for 380. Which would you buy if price was'nt the issue?
both have 20" bars. echo is 67cc , husky is 56cc.

I can buy them both for 380. Which would you buy if price was'nt the issue?
both have 20" bars. echo is 67cc , husky is 56cc.

I'd go with the Echo if it was completely price based. However, that being said, you will want to buy from the dealer that has the best service/is closest to you in case you have problems later on.

I'd go with the Echo if it was completely price based. However, that being said, you will want to buy from the dealer that has the best service/is closest to you in case you have problems later on.

I think this is the biggest factor of all....

Both can be good saws..

What will you be using your saw to cut?? - Fire wood, brush, trees???
Is weight an important factor?
Again - dealers how close are they???

My vote would go Stihl, then Husky, then Echo (Personaly)

I think this is the biggest factor of all....

Both can be good saws..

What will you be using your saw to cut?? - Fire wood, brush, trees???
Is weight an important factor?
Again - dealers how close are they???

My vote would go Stihl, then Husky, then Echo (Personaly)

The Husky is 1.3 lb lighter, but its a smaller displacement motor. And he didn't mention stihl, but if he had, I would go with a MS290 as that compares well with the 455 rancher and will handle a 20" blade well for almost all applications.

The Husky is 1.3 lb lighter, but its a smaller displacement motor. And he didn't mention stihl, but if he had, I would go with a MS290 as that compares well with the 455 rancher and will handle a 20" blade well for almost all applications.

Ya...i saw it was smaller displacement..that is why i was wondering what he was looking to use it for...

The 290 i agree is a solid saw...but would go with the 310...or if he wanted to spend a little more the 390...all have the same.

But he is looking at the echo vs. the husky...so i still think it goes back to my original line of questions...from there i think the best saw can be found

Oh. I would also recomend do a search her in the sight on both saws...i think that can be a big help to you too.

Husky

Dude,
I dunno how familiar you are with the husky's. I purchased a 455 rancher about a year ago. I took it home, started cutting some wood with it, like 14 or 16" rounds, I just got one thing to say about the 455 Rancher... PIECE OF JUNK!!!! That thing is worthless for power and torque. Soon as you put any pressure at all on it, it dies. Anything has to be better than the 455 Rancher. The 455 is husky's worst saw I think. I'd buy anything other than the 455 Rancher. If you haven't run it yet, try it first. You won't keep it... Good luck bro... Buy a Dolmar or a Stihl or a Husky Pro saw. Your almost at the Pro Saw price range anyways... :cheers:

I have a friend that has a newer CS670 Echo and loves it and has never felled him for his firewoods chores. I would defiantly take the 670 over the homeowner built husky 455 460 or the stihl 290 310 etc with their plastic cases with clam shell design. But that is JMO.

Back