ECHO Red Armor Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s interesting that many have experienced saw failures with ethanol based gas vs canned fuel. I ran an echo for over 10 years on 87 pump gas with simple treatment and fresh gas all its life. What is the concern with pump gas? Of course a few years back after studying more I ran 93+ octane in all my engines while mixed had echo power blend and now exclusively Castrol 2T for the 2 cycles.

Any evidence that canned fuel is worth the almost 5x cost per gallon?

It’s interesting that many have experienced saw failures with ethanol based gas vs canned fuel. I ran an echo for over 10 years on 87 pump gas with simple treatment and fresh gas all its life. What is the concern with pump gas? Of course a few years back after studying more I ran 93+ octane in all my engines while mixed had echo power blend and now exclusively Castrol 2T for the 2 cycles.

Ethanol seldom causes acute failures. Most of the damage it causes are chronic in nature and often associated with equipment that sits for weeks at a time.
Canned fuel isn't worth it if your running a saw daily IMO or if you have access to non ethanol fuel. For the guys that let stuff sit for a long time it's well worth it IMO.

Yeah, what he said... Been running gas (fuel) from the pump since I had hair...Never blamed a saw failure on fuel.. That said, I don't leave it sit or use old possibly stale fuel.. Even straight gas in the splitter I keep "fresh".. When I'm done splittin for awhile, don't shut it off. Just walk away.. However,, I don't have any trouble using higher octane beverages and never had failure there either..

Back