Echo rumors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I recently caught wind of a rumor that echo was planning new saw models in the 70-80 cc range to replace their somewhat antiquated 6800 and 8000. Something like a 700p or 750p. Anyone else heard anything about this? I love my 600p and would certainly consider a larger echo saw if they were in fact planning new models. I've been very impressed with the 2 echo's I own which are both fairly new models in their line-up, post echo/shindaiwa merger.

my dealer mentioned yesterday something about the new echo's coming out , said he's having trouble getting Dolmars and might look at those . all i know

Hmmm. I need to ask my local "elite" dealer. Maybe he knows something...

I remember seeing something about a 650p on press release on echo's website a while back

It would be awesome to get a 65 or 70 cc saw in the 600p chassis. I was POed when my first 550 shwed up and it was in the 600 chassis with .325 chain. It should have been built onto the 500p chassis, keep it light and powerful as well as green. Echo needs to raise the bar with a couple of new saws in the 65 - 70 cc range. I cant say anything bad though about 670/680 or 8000 saws except they belong in the vintage threads. They perform well enough, but the 80's were 30 yrs ago.

Agreed, the 600 is the smallest saw they should put on that chassis. The 550 seems like its out of place. I wish echo would answer the ms441 or even the 460 or 372xp with a new saw on this new platform or even a bigger platform. I love my 600p but would love to see a saw that could pull a 28" bar well

This would be a good move on Echo's part, IMHO. Their CS-6700, CS-670, CS-680's are mediocre performers for the cc's. I still have a CS-6700 that we rebuilt with a new P/C, and had two CS-670's. If you own a Husqvarna 262XP or 268XP, you will not find yourself reaching for the Echo saws when you are loading up for a day of wood cutting.

Same deal with the CS-800. I had one briefly, and very disappointed in it's performance for the CC's. It reminded me of running an old vintage saw that didn't want to rpm, just lugged along nicely at low rpm's. It wouldn't hold a candle to my old 480CD, let alone the much faster 181SE.......Cliff

Has anybody heard any additional/news on this rumor? I couldn't find anything in my google search. I hope they come out with something a bigger then the 600P that runs well with a nice price tag.

Back