Echo saw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except that there's countless stories of them not honoring that warranty. Also, I think that they are banking on the fact that most users of Echo chainsaws are occasional.

or else they are the best darn saws on the market! Or not.

I have a 450 that I use the heck out of. It always starts easy and runs strong. The engines on these saws are made in Japan by one of the oldest 2 cycle engines manufactures. I have run big McCullough and Home Lights, and Echo doesn't vapor lock on hot days. I like where you fuel them, and bar oil them, the chain adjuster is great too. I give them a thumbs up>

I only have 2 saws and both of them are Echos. I first purchased a 620p and I love it. It can get a little heavy at times so I just purchased a 3510 for Christmas. I wanted something super lightweight and that it is! For the money, Echos are a great value. I have a Echo SRM-210 string trimmer purchased new around 2007/2008 and it is still going strong. I only cut wood when clearing trails and for fun, so my saws don't make me any money. Stihl and Husky are way above my budget.

I have 3 echos and like them a lot.They’re the Toyota of chainsaws. Don’t have experience with the 4510 but I have heard good things about them.

I have a CS-340 that is going on 20 years old. It's a top handle limbing saw. I've used the snot out of it, the plastic dogs on the air filter cover and crankcase cover are worn down about 75% from orig. Never had a problem with it until now, just really needs some carb adjusting, but I will replace all the fuel and oil lines, plus the sparkplug wire because all the soft rebber/plastic parts have hardened up. The primer bulb is dark brown but still flexible. Never used gas in it with ethanol.

To me, 20 years of service is exceptional regardless of brand - especially when used hard. I saw that the metal dog from a 2511 will fit my 3510. They’re like $10 on eBay I’m definitely going to purchase one to save the little plastic dogs on the case. I just got done opening up the muffler on it and cranked it last night… sounds meaner than it looks now haha.

That CS-340 has been rock solid from the start. To start it when it's cold, push the priming bulb 5x, put choke on, depress trigger, pull starting cord 1x, maybe 2x till it coughs. Push choke in, hold trigger down, pull starting cord 1x, as soon as it coughs to life (don't even let it rev up), take your finger off the throttle. It'll sit there and idle.

Well Fred, have you had a chance to run that 4510 yet? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

I own and have owned top models from Stihl and Husky. I still love my echos. Great saws and super reliable and long lasting. One of their biggest problems compared to Stihl is, when people buy a saw in a box, there’s no one to set it up for you, make sure it’s tuned well, to give you pointers on how to take care of it. They take it home, run the crap out of it, neglect maintenance, burn it up and are left with the stigma that Echo is sub par. Just not so.

Back in 2009 when I joined AS owning an Echo would just about get you laughed of the site. I bought a new untested model the CS530, 50cc, automotive type air cleaner, rim sprocket, the model itself only lasted a very few short years. The saw however has served me well, starts every time, never ever a problem. Limiters were pulled early on, stock muffler. It’s not the fastest, it’s not the most powerful, and probably not the lightest 50cc saw ever produced, but ive been completely satisfied with it. They make a good saw.

I bought my first Echo in 2010. It was from a tractor place that has Stihl and Echo, and Echo was being pushed as the superior product. It’sa very regional thing and I’ve seen big differences as I’ve moved around the country. I moved from Husqvarna country but here in south Texas, Echo is pretty prominent and well accepted. I see a lot of Stihls also but nothing Husqvarna.

Back in 2009 when I joined AS owning an Echo would just about get you laughed of the site. I bought a new untested model the CS530, 50cc, automotive type air cleaner, rim sprocket, the model itself only lasted a very few short years. The saw however has served me well, starts every time, never ever a problem. Limiters were pulled early on, stock muffler. It’s not the fastest, it’s not the most powerful, and probably not the lightest 50cc saw ever produced, but ive been completely satisfied with it. They make a good saw.
By the way, those 5 series saws from that era are awesome. Metal clamshells! The last of that type was the 450’s. I’d love to have one. Hang on to that 530.

Take the muffler off and take out the pea shooter tube inside the muffler. It will gain 30-40 percent in power.

I had a Echo 352 16 inch only improvements I made were an Oregon 16 Blade and full chisel chains.
served me well and I got my money worth out of it. Lightest highest HP for its size.
had to replace the drum sprocket due to wear. Would buy another if I needed A reliable Saw.
those who laugh I’m an amateur but I’ve never been let down by that saw.
of course those who are younger and in the business a Larger cc saw certainly be justified. Be Warned the high Horse power Saws come with a Weight and friction handicap the big saw have wider chains and weigh more.
Know why you need a chainsaw and how much you should spend.
D

Latest posts

Back