Light weight durable saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 361P is 36cc. A 36cc saw is not going to handle an 18" or 20" bar. Echo recommends 14" and 16" for that powerhead.

I have an Echo CS-352 which is the same engine size. It's a great easy starting light saw that I use for cutting brush. If I have trees over 6" to cut I use a bigger saw.
I go bigger than 6" with my Cs-352 (mostly because its already in use). It's ok up past 12", just slower than more saw. I've cut maybe 14-16" with it.

I go bigger than 6" with my Cs-352 (mostly because its already in use). It's ok up past 12", just slower than more saw. I've cut maybe 14-16" with it.

I will too if I'm already right there with the 352 and it's not a lot of cuts. It will do it, its just slow. When I do it the whole time I'm thinking how much faster a bigger saw would be. Maybe I'm just impatient.

Buy my nice MS260Pro in the classifieds for what a new MS250 costs….
I think something like this is a good plan but I would find a ms260 locally in the 150-200 dollar range and send if off to be ported by a pro like MOFO saws then you can bury a 32in bar if you want to and have the power to pull it not that you should but you get the point and he has videos of ported ms260 doing just that.

Figure you probably end up spend as much as a new ms261 but will have way more power and it's a little lighter too.

I think something like this is a good plan but I would find a ms260 locally in the 150-200 dollar range and send if off to be ported by a pro like MOFO saws then you can bury a 32in bar if you want to and have the power to pull it not that you should but you get the point and he has videos of ported ms260 doing just that.

Figure you probably end up spend as much as a new ms261 but will have way more power and it's a little lighter too.
260 and a 32" bar...right 🙄

I was wrong it's a 36in bar

He does some of the best porting i've seen on a 026/ms260

Added this video to cause I found it later he's running a 32in bar full comp in hard wood. His saws have the power to do it still not saying you should tho.

Until the AV mounts or crank bearings give out. No matter the available power any bar that big on an 026/260 is foolish.

The 361P is 36cc. A 36cc saw is not going to handle an 18" or 20" bar. Echo recommends 14" and 16" for that powerhead.

I have an Echo CS-352 which is the same engine size. It's a great easy starting light saw that I use for cutting brush. If I have trees over 6" to cut I use a bigger saw.
The clutch on these smaller size saws won't hold up to the increased drag of longer bar and chain. It makes sense I just had not considered it.

IMG_3911.gif

I was wrong it's a 36in bar

He does some of the best porting i've seen on a 026/ms260

Added this video to cause I found it later he's running a 32in bar full comp in hard wood. His saws have the power to do it still not saying you should tho.

Good lord that's painfully slow.

Latest posts

Back