Echo saws kinda lame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a echo cs370 that i bought new and used for a year ran good but nothing special. Did a little research opened up the exhaust took the carb limiters off and she woke up. Starts cold with a couple pulls, i ground down the depth feelers to get more bite. It is a damn good saw

forget the twin$$. the other old echos are most definetly worth saving. i still love my 660evl most fun and hardest working 64cc saw i've ever run. weighs quite a bit though esp with a 24"bar. best antivibe i've put my hands on period. your gonna fatigue from weight but not from vibrations. had the FIL's 330evl out today also. good old saws. the 660 aint no racer, the 330 is definetly a little bad ass though. only saw i've had of that size match it is my "new to me" dolmar 341.best part about the echo's is no one really talks good about em so they stay cheap for me:hmm3grin2orange:

View attachment 256987
poor cherry never had a chance!ran 2 tanks thru her today!...and yes my arms are tired

edit: heres and test vid i did in some rock elm a few weeks ago.
[video=youtube;vtFdJWP15Ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtFdJWP15Ns[/video]

Last edited:
forget the twin$$. the other old echos are most definetly worth saving. i still love my 660evl most fun and hardest working 64cc saw i've ever run. weighs quite a bit though esp with a 24"bar. best antivibe i've put my hands on period. your gonna fatigue from weight but not from vibrations. had the FIL's 330evl out today also. good old saws. the 660 aint no racer, the 330 is definetly a little bad ass though. only saw i've had of that size match it is my "new to me" dolmar 341.best part about the echo's is no one really talks good about em so they stay cheap for me:hmm3grin2orange:

View attachment 256987
poor cherry never had a chance!ran 2 tanks thru her today!...and yes my arms are tired

edit: heres and test vid i did in some rock elm a few weeks ago.
[video=youtube;vtFdJWP15Ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtFdJWP15Ns[/video]

I am happy with that situation too. Do not need a saw that keeps its value, they must get the work done and be reliable.
A bit sharpening, cleaning, now and then a new chain or sprocket. That is most of the maintenance i do. With a sharp chain they don't work heavy and the rest of the saw does not suffer.
Most of them come with Tsumura bars, there is no discussion about their quality.
My EVL models have never let me down, even never had an ignition issue that is told to be a weak point.

Most Europeans do not know the brand and think it is Chinese. I have only used Echos for little money so i can spend a little more for the twins that come by

Greetings from Holland

Jos

I have a echo cs370 that i bought new and used for a year ran good but nothing special. Did a little research opened up the exhaust took the carb limiters off and she woke up. Starts cold with a couple pulls, i ground down the depth feelers to get more bite. It is a damn good saw

Welcome to AS and the love of Echo's:laugh:

Echos' sleazy sales pitch is based on lies, hype, evasiveness and mis-information all targeted to the greenhorn first-chainsaw-buyer who wouldn't know a file from a screwdriver. Conned out of putting their cash towards a proper pro-grade stihl or husky, there's unsuspecting victims getting fleeced by the echo propaganda machine daily. Echos deserve all the contempt that gets thrown at them. And more. Save your money for a real-deal saw not a pretender brand.

Yup I feel that same way about both the gold dipped hype for Stihl not so much for Husky I had one of the turds 290 Stihl and could not be happier than to see it leave my next door neighbor is still sipping the Stihl Kool aid. I bought a CS 600p in its place Easy start good strong runner and it will restart if you run it out of fule not like the Stihl 290 20mins restart time and pulling your arm out of its socket trying to get it going.

When asked the Stealership about it there answer was "well don't run it out of gas" so they know its a flaw in the saw and can't be fixed........ It just is!

Back