ECHO SAWS new models, what about old parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasSC

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am just curious; I just bought my CS-590 summer 2020. With all the new models coming out, are the parts going to be harder to find. ie: Oregon has discontinued a few chains, never even made a replacement clutch sprocket. What does the long term look like?

I would think parts for a common saw like that would be available for a long time. There are lots of 3/8 .050 70dl chains available. Bars are D176 mount size ,and it just has a 3/8 7 tooth rim sprocket right?

Yep, I am not really worried about the chain or bar, but the main components of these 3 numbered saws.

Yep, I am not really worried about the chain or bar, but the main components of these 3 numbered saws.
I would not worry about it. You will have plenty of other parts to find for all the other projects saws you find yourself working on if keep looking around and reading on ArboristSite. LOL ! I think the cs-590 is a decent saw and you will only need common stuff like fuel line and spark plugs. If anything else is not available new there is always good used parts around.

Back