Echo Timber Wolf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure looks like a piece of BULL to me.

Glowing celebrity endorsement, check.
Claims of more power, check.
No published horsepower, check.

So does echo mean 30% more power than the 3.8hp MS290 farm boss and 10% more power than the 460 rancher? That would put it right about 5 hp!

No IPL on their site yet, so no way to check how it is built, clamshell vs split case. Looks to be a lower price point 60 cc over the cs600p.

Howdy,
Hey, wait a minute, I thought I was the Pabst Blue Ribbon champion.
Not a clamshell.
Regards
Gregg

It does get the endorsement of the bull riders, that has to count for something, right?

Edit: they list HP! It's on the PDF info sheet link! 4.0HP!

They do list 4.0 hp but don't give a source for the 3.0 hp they attribute to the husky 455 rancher which to me is 3.5 in the all around bottom tier section on the husky website. That is where the 30% must come from isn't it? Somehow the 460 husky is a bit closer match in displacement.View attachment 288206

The cs-600p seems improved lower emissions, better fuel economy and 10% more torque than before though no hp or torque numbers I found.

hey he said it was long lasting and it was good to tote around?:msp_confused: still way better than any saw i have.
I probably couldnt afford it. my echo saws have been good runners, but i always wonder why a cs370 is 36.1 cc?
If i get a heavy duty type saw it will probably be stihl, lots of service on them around here too

As much as I can tell its just a 600P with the added sticker and a different number on the air cleaner. My dealer doesn't have any there, but I'd bet it's destined for the Depot primarily.
I think they listed the 455 Rancher, not the 460, because the 455 is more recognized.
Having run my 600 side by side with 2 different 460s, its really not a contest IMO.. The echo is smoother, more power, etc.
Never ran a recent Farm Boss model, so I can't offer any opinion on it or how it compares.
Echo has a loyal following, just like the other brands. Pretty sure this is just a marketing ploy to increase market share.

Sure looks like a piece of BULL to me.

Glowing celebrity endorsement, check.
Claims of more power, check.
No published horsepower, check.

So does echo mean 30% more power than the 3.8hp MS290 farm boss and 10% more power than the 460 rancher? That would put it right about 5 hp!

I can tell you that my 50cc Echos saws cut a lot faster than 56 cc MS290 or 029 saws, not even close. If the MS290 has 3.8 hp the 50cc Echo saws have more. How about that vid of the overhyped 200t against a 33cc Echo. Steve

Just stopped by my dealer, he wanted to cut a couple cookies with the 655. He hadn't even heard of the new echo yet. I think his rep is about to get an ass chewing. ..:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back