Echo590/600 vs Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciconcrete

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know these kinds of "this vs that" threads are everywhere but I can't make my mind up on which saw to get in 60cc range. I am not biased to any maker.
Im interested in these:
Husq 562xp 59.8cc, 4.7hp, 13lbs, $740
Echo CS590 59.8cc, 3.8hp?, 13lbs $400 ($340 cheaper for very similar specs except lower hp)
Stihl MS362 59cc, 4.7hp, 13lbs forgot price

The Husqvarna 550xp is a 50cc saw but has 3.75hp which is high for that size and only weighs 10.8lbs and is $599 so thats also a possibility

Im leaning towards the Echo CS590 because of the great price and just about every landscaper contractor here (AZ) use Echo. I hardly ever see any of them with Husqvarna or Stihl.
Id be interested in Jonsered and Dolmar but I only know of dealers that sell Husqvarna, Stihl and Echo

This subject has only been covered a hundred times here, but I'll add my .02 again. I have a 550 and a 562 and love them both. If you have the budget, there is no doubt in my mind one of those two is the right choice.

If you're going to have one saw, go for the 562. If you're going to have two, go with a 550 and 372.

If it's about the budget, the Echo is your saw.

If you're considering Echo, the CS620P is more saw than the ES590.
I can't find any info on the difference between the motors on the 590, 600 and 620
they all have the same 59.8cc motor but the video on echos site says the 620 has 13% more power then the 600p
They don't list the horse power for any of their saws in their specs.
Do you know what the hp is for each one, or where I can find that info?

I can't find any info on the difference between the motors on the 590, 600 and 620
they all have the same 59.8cc motor but the video on echos site says the 620 has 13% more power then the 600p
They don't list the horse power for any of their saws in their specs.
Do you know what the hp is for each one, or where I can find that info?

No, but I did see the HP for the CS620P listed somewhere. There is a difference in carbs.

You haven't tried too hard to find past threads. Like post 4 " This subject has only been covered a hundred times here" Try some European echo sites for horsepower numbers. The lowest cost Echo comes with a spur sprocket. It is a pretty expensive part to upgrade to a rim drive. Would I be correct that you don't care about inboard vs outboard clutch?

Back