Economical Two Saw Combos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I process 4 cords of firewood per year. I got a parts 011AVT with 14" b/c for $20. Got it running with new fuel lines and carb cleaning. Got a Husqy 55 Rancher with 20" b/c by trading a string trimmer. The 011AVT is used the most as my rounds tend to be 16" or smaller. The 55 Rancher is no monster but SLOWLY handles 30" rounds. If you want faster with bigger rounds - a Home Depot Makita 6421 turned into a Dolkita 79cc is an option for $350-$380. Cheap sawing can be done if you're moderately handy with small engines.

I picked up a well used but solid 036 Pro for $200 yesterday. For a guy on a budget it's hard to beat that single saw plan. Hopefully the budget guy never finds this forum, lest he discover the need to own a saw for every day of the week.

Meh, saws, cheap...I want a tractor for every piece of equipment so I don't have to change them out all the time...I have not yet convinced my boss of this yet, though..... ;)

If $325 is within the limits as the OP stated, I would wait for a decent deal on a used pro saw like a Husky 254xp or 262xp. Or a 257 which is essentially the same saw without the "Professional" sticker and an open port design. These can be found at that price if you are willing to wait and care more about performance than aesthetics.

If $325 is within the limits as the OP stated, I would wait for a decent deal on a used pro saw like a Husky 254xp or 262xp. Or a 257 which is essentially the same saw without the "Professional" sticker and an open port design. These can be found at that price if you are willing to wait and care more about performance than aesthetics.

There is a nice 257 in the Tradin' Post for $250. :cool:

My 2 saw plan is a $47 026 cl find. And a $20 066, which needed a new master control lever.

And no Clint they weren't stolen.

But then I added a ms361, 254xp, ms200, 044, 346xp and 359. Also not stolen for another 3-400.

Back