Edge Saddle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdslocum

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anybody have an Edge saddle and use a pulley on the bridge. its not a rope bridge it looks like this

Just bought one a couple of weeks ago, still getting it dialed in. Havent tried a pulley on the bridge though I may. My biggest complaint so far is when I get way out on a limb my carabiner gets stuck in the space between the bridge covering and the rubber grommet at the end of the bridge. Have you had this issue?

Not sure how well a pulley would work on that bridge since it's sort of flat. Maybe it's just me but I've used a pulley on a rope bridge and didn't really see much of a noticeable difference in performance. If the pulley doesn't work you could always change the bridge to a rope type. Nice saddle by the way.

Not sure how well a pulley would work on that bridge since it's sort of flat. Maybe it's just me but I've used a pulley on a rope bridge and didn't really see much of a noticeable difference in performance. If the pulley doesn't work you could always change the bridge to a rope type. Nice saddle by the way.

thanks its real comfortable. ive been tooling around with the idea of putting a rope bridge on it just wondering if its kosher

i recently ordered one and ive been having trouble with keeping the adjustments set. everything loosens up on me. you guys have similar complaints?

im about to purchase this saddle and was wanting to no if it had a buckle on both sides to clip a chainsaw lanyard or if it was only on one side. i can not seem to see one at all in the pictures on sherrills website

Regarding the use of a pulley - Does Sherrill say you can use a pulley with this bridge? If not, contact them and get a definitive answer. I don't know the width of that webbing but my concern would be the web bulking up, squishing out and putting lots of outward pressure on the side plates / cheek plates of the pulley.

Just bought one a couple of weeks ago, still getting it dialed in. Havent tried a pulley on the bridge though I may. My biggest complaint so far is when I get way out on a limb my carabiner gets stuck in the space between the bridge covering and the rubber grommet at the end of the bridge. Have you had this issue?

That is the only issue I have with mine also. If I could replace it with a rope I'ed do it.

I have a large dmm ring on mine. I'd pass on a pulley because as others have said the webbing with the cover is pretty thick.

I've had my ring get caught too. I wonder if anyone mentioned it to sherrill yet? It's not a deal breaker for me at all but if there were somehow a rope bridge available I'd pick one up.

Mike, I haven't had any probs keeping adjustments set but the tails of the straps usually come out when I tuck them in.

bfinney I clip my saw lanyard to the right one of the back two rings in this pic. I have a large petzl caritool on the right side that I clip lanyard ring to my hip with. The large caritool can hold 33 lbs. I wouldn't trust a saw on the smaller one.

View attachment 203150

is there a place that you can clip a carabiner to closer to your hip on the belt? this might be what you are talking about in the last post but not sure. thanks for being helpful and answering questions. really like the design of the saddle but having my saw that far back just seems like something i would not like

What about using those white rollers on it. The ones they use on the Versatile (sp?) That might keep it from getting too close to the end, and looks like it would have good action on that bridge. I use the double clip micro on my cougar, love it.

What about using those white rollers on it. The ones they use on the Versatile (sp?) That might keep it from getting too close to the end, and looks like it would have good action on that bridge. I use the double clip micro on my cougar, love it.

That would solve the problem and you could always trim it down to work with an oval biner to make for less front to back movement.

bfinney here's a couple pics where the side webbing loops are. I have caritools on them. The larger caritool was a total b*tch to get in there. I went slow and tugged the webbing up with pliers a little at a time. The smaller caritool goes right in.

View attachment 203223
View attachment 203224

I use a caritool clip too on my right hip, but over a few more inches I think. It works pretty good for my 200t, except when the caritool, gets tangled up in that loop. More then once Iv'e had slings, handsaw,etc, tangled up good inside the caritool, and that equipment beltloop locking it all in. Can be a real pain when it happens. I am still dialing the belt in

ok the pictures made it more clear. that makes no sense to me why they wouldnt have a saw clip on the side. i seen some accessoriy saw clips at sherrill but you have to take off the belt to slide them on it and i dont think that is possible.

well the brown truck dropped it off today and i must say i am very impressed. did not get to use it today but will be tommarow and cant wait to test it. it will be the first rope bridge that i have climbed in so we will see how it goes

well it was a removal so i got to use spurs in it. pretty much made the saddle feel like it wasnt there. still happy with the purchase even though still looking for a good place to be able to hang my silky from it.

well it was a removal so i got to use spurs in it. pretty much made the saddle feel like it wasnt there. still happy with the purchase even though still looking for a good place to be able to hang my silky from it.

I've got the 390mm zubat on mine. I'll snap a pic tomorrow of how I connected it to the right leg. The only downside is that my lanyard loops under it once in a while. Just gotta keep an eye on it.

Latest posts

Back