Edison Motors announces their pickup truck kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty obvious you haven't done up pipes, down pipes, manifolds, head gaskets or a litany of other regular fixes to obs style truck with a 7.3l engine. The oil pan is a 2 hour job, tops. I've forgotten how many I did at my uncles shop. Doesn't matter if it's an obs or the newer style. Pop the mount bolts, jack the front of the engine up and have at it. Obs hold their value for a bunch of made up bs reasons. Just like the dreamed up 97 trucks are somehow better then the older or newer trucks. I got news for you they arnt. The updates were done for the 96 model year and carried over into 97. Didn't make any more or less power and weren't any better or worse then the 94/95 engines. The early 99's out ran them, and wasn't till ford pooched them out in late 01 for the 02 model year that there were any internal differences in a 7.3l engine.
Stop cocking off about forged rods, they started using them in 2002 model year. The sintered rods can take 450hp before you have to worry about them, and you'll split the stock block between the cam tunnel and crank mains around that hp level anyway. Literally been there done that. We stopped trying to crank big power out of them because they cost too much and broke too often. Heck I got 3 of them sitting in my driveway right now and another stashed at my brother's house. Only one still has a 7.3l in it.
Pulling the cab takes a couple hours, pick it up with the lift and everything is easily accessible. They were literally made to lift off with ease. Takes a few times to get it down, but once you do it, you'll never go back to screwing around like a cave man.

Why do you assume how many miles I pit on my vehicle has anything to do with my job? It doesn't BTW, just the amount of driving I do. Everything is close, but far enough away it's at least an hour round trip worth of driving. Just yesterday, I had to drop something off at my parents house, turn around and run into town to pick somethings up, back home and then to work. Just shy of 200 miles before I got to work. I'd have to check to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I'll be over 300 miles til I get home.

Then why is it so important to go 400-500 miles on an eight minute charge? Sounds like you just want to justify not wanting an EV.

..sure doesn't take long to get it to its 6k oci anymore.
Is that a self imposed OCI? The ALH engines call for 10k. I've seen engines with 500k+ that loosely follow that. One guy I do his timing belt for runs about 60k miles a year and changes it at 15k. Like a pre emissions CTD, ALH platform is a good engine and easy on oil.

Then why is it so important to go 400-500 miles on an eight minute charge? Sounds like you just want to justify not wanting an EV.
Thays how long it takes me to fill my vehicles, why do ev people constantly think it's acceptable to take hours to charge a vehicle? I don't have that time to screw around everyday, when I need fuel I stop and get it, not wait at the charger forever to get 50% charge.

Is that a self imposed OCI? The ALH engines call for 10k. I've seen engines with 500k+ that loosely follow that. One guy I do his timing belt for runs about 60k miles a year and changes it at 15k. Like a pre emissions CTD, ALH platform is a good engine and easy on oil.
No, not self imposed really that was the reccomended oci over on freds tdi forum for an alh. I do, (well did when I drove it regularly.) 10k oci on my cummins.

Thays how long it takes me to fill my vehicles, why do ev people constantly think it's acceptable to take hours to charge a vehicle? I don't have that time to screw around everyday, when I need fuel I stop and get it, not wait at the charger forever to get 50% charge.

I guarantee you spend waaaaay more time standing there pumping gas or diesel than I ever do charging. It's not even in the same ballpark. It's literally seconds to plug it in when I get home. If you're truly driving that much you're spending what, 10 minutes a day on average at the gas station?

Takes as long to plug in your car as it does to plug in your phone, and your car starts every day with a full "tank" right from home. You don't have to go anywhere else to fill up, like you do with gasoline or diesel.

Unless you're emptying the tank and having to refill mid-day, it's really a non-issue. It'd probably save you time. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to when I switch my daily commuter to an EV.

No, not self imposed really that was the reccomended oci over on freds tdi forum for an alh. I do, (well did when I drove it regularly.) 10k oci on my cummins.
Im not really sure why they would recommend that, other than being proactive I guess. Those engines are not known for fuel dilution nor do they shear oil down like some other engines are known for.
I do annual changes on pretty much everything because I don't meet the mileage intervals anymore, the Jetta being the exception. Wife's Explorer is 7500 miles and we do about that annually being that's generally our road trip vehicle if we aren't dragging the camper somewhere.

I guarantee you spend waaaaay more time standing there pumping gas or diesel than I ever do charging. It's not even in the same ballpark. It's literally seconds to plug it in when I get home. If you're truly driving that much you're spending what, 10 minutes a day on average at the gas station?

Takes as long to plug in your car as it does to plug in your phone, and your car starts every day with a full "tank" right from home. You don't have to go anywhere else to fill up, like you do with gasoline or diesel.

Unless you're emptying the tank and having to refill mid-day, it's really a non-issue. It'd probably save you time. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to when I switch my daily commuter to an EV.
So I'm supposed to accept that flawed logic, plug my car in every night and hope I make it through a day's commute without needing a charge? So what part of that meets my criteria for acceptable charge time? I clearly said when they charge in 8 minutes, and have a 400-500 mile range. Untill thats met, you're both delusional that i will have one in my driveway. Sliding standards do not sit well with me. I don't charge my cell phone daily and I sure as hell won't be plugging my car in daily either.

Im not really sure why they would recommend that, other than being proactive I guess. Those engines are not known for fuel dilution nor do they shear oil down like some other engines are known for.
I do annual changes on pretty much everything because I don't meet the mileage intervals anymore, the Jetta being the exception. Wife's Explorer is 7500 miles and we do about that annually being that's generally our road trip vehicle if we aren't dragging the camper somewhere.
Beets me, I guess I should take a sample and send it out next time I'm close to 6k miles, it's not hard to rack that up on it.

So I'm supposed to accept that flawed logic, plug my car in every night and hope I make it through a day's commute without needing a charge? So what part of that meets my criteria for acceptable charge time? I clearly said when they charge in 8 minutes, and have a 400-500 mile range. Untill thats met, you're both delusional that i will have one in my driveway. Sliding standards do not sit well with me. I don't charge my cell phone daily and I sure as hell won't be plugging my car in daily either.

My man, no need to get defensive. We don't care what you drive. You brought up a 100% valid concern, and we discussed why it probably wouldn't be a problem for you. It definitely wouldn't be a problem for me.

My man, no need to get defensive. We don't care what you drive. You brought up a 100% valid concern, and we discussed why it probably wouldn't be a problem for you. It definitely wouldn't be a problem for me.
Im not being deffesive, I'm being realistic. Need to understand one thing, I want the same convenience as my gas and diesel vehicles. Plugging in at home is not one of them, needing to charge for hours is not one of them, range that sucks isn't one of them. Bring something to market that offers all that and I'll be standing in line to get one.

Back