Edison Motors announces their pickup truck kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ain't seen tough to work on until you've worked on a modern emissions VW. Everything in this picture fits between the engine and firewall, minus the cat downstream of dpf. VW engineers may not have been able to meet emissions but they get an A for managing to package 10lbs of crap in a 5 lb sack 😂😂

20231211_180007.jpg

Haha, yeah it's not the prettiest nor the ugliest car on the lot. I'm not sure mine reduced the number on your local lot though. My local dealer has over 150 of them on the lot now. I bought it as a beater / commuter car, and it does that quite well. I was annoyed when I went to buy diesel a couple days ago and the pump turned off at $150. I just left rather than re-running the card and continuing to fill it. I never have that problem with the Mach-E.

If I want to drive a Pony Car, I saddle up the Shelby.

80-gt350_at_rocky_point_473bb471d2e7ddef182e241549a5267ae250cc23.jpg
I filled the 07 Cummins on Tuesday on route 23 in NJ 30 gallons cost me $113. . 3.779 cheapest I’ve seen it in a while set for another month or more don’t use it all that much

I filled the 07 Cummins on Tuesday on route 23 in NJ 30 gallons cost me $113. . 3.779 cheapest I’ve seen it in a while set for another month or more don’t use it all that much

The cheapest I saw was $5.60 / GAL, so I went there. EVERYTHING is expensive in CA, except dirt biking in state vehicle recreation areas, which are somehow still $5 / day. I guess the legislature hasn't gotten wind of that yet.

You ain't seen tough to work on until you've worked on a modern emissions VW. Everything in this picture fits between the engine and firewall, minus the cat downstream of dpf. VW engineers may not have been able to meet emissions but they get an A for managing to package 10lbs of crap in a 5 lb sack 😂😂

View attachment 1139370
Seen plenty of emissions crap packed into boxes they shouldn't have fit in. VW pales in comparison. Cat had to redesign a few of their smaller engines to use hydraulic lifters since book time was 28 hours to gain access to the valve cover. That didn't include removing any tin/panels just to get access to the aftertreatment system to take it apart. Which required the use of a truck crane to remove the dpf/doc. Just stupid. Pickup trucks are stupid easy, the cabs come off in no time, everything is right there at your fingertips then.

View attachment 1139370

Girlfriend's car is a 2013 Beetle TDI. I changed the oil on it once and said never again, not without a fluid extractor to pull the oil out the dipstick.

The Germans have their own little recipe for automotive hell, too. The 617 my username references really soured me on that vaunted German engineering, and I'll never own a German vehicle myself. I should have done a 1KZ or 1KD, left it Toyota.

Girlfriend's car is a 2013 Beetle TDI. I changed the oil on it once and said never again, not without a fluid extractor to pull the oil out the dipstick.

The Germans have their own little recipe for automotive hell, too. The 617 my username references really soured me on that vaunted German engineering, and I'll never own a German vehicle myself. I should have done a 1KZ or 1KD, left it Toyota.
I'm in my second vw diesel now, not new being an 01 with an alh in it. Deleting them gets them pretty bullet proof. Seems to hold over for the newer engines once you run out of the diesel gaye warranty.

You guys are making a hell of a case for EV's haha.
No, not really. Ev only makes sense if you have dirt cheap at home electric rates for charging and don't plan on doing any real driving. It gets worse when you factor total cost of ownership. Let alone the high depreciation of an ev and next to zero resale factor.
I've said it before, and I'll say it many more times, I'm not against ev. The tech isn't there yet, and with the snails pace battery tech had taken its going to take many, many years till it can replace my humble little tdi.

They actually aren't bad once you learn the ins and outs.I've made a decent buck wrenching on local yocals that can't afford dealership rates or find a local mechanic that will work on them I've had an 01 for 16? Years and put most of the 300k on it and a 12 with 170k. I let the "vw fux" ride too long and got a plugged intercooler to show for it. Biggest thing is getting tooled up, timing belts are pretty easy every 120k miles, at some point the junk DMF will fail whether it's a standard or dual shift gear box the flywheels are junk, I just put a smf in when they go and move on. The rest of the car is pretty solid, front ends go 200k give or take, and the corrosion resistance is better than anything American ive owned or worked on. I live in the rust belt and never touched a brake line or fuel line on the 01.

P.S. I have a 67 LandCruiser. Was dad's for a bunch of years and I ended up with it. Someday, she'll have an oil burner.

Get in line, I like the idea of it, but if I can't charge it in 8 minutes and go 400-500 miles on a charge I'm not interested.

Those points are non issues for me. I don't care if it takes overnight to recharge, and 250 miles range would be plenty for me. My electricity recently went up 50%, but even so the $$/mile cost is way less than ICE.

The main things stopping me are that I'm not paying 4x what a comparable ICE car goes for just to have electric, and I'm not driving an iPad. If someone comes out with an EV that costs the same or slightly more than a comparable ICE car, has no touch screen, has tactile controls for basic vehicle functions, and no internet connectivity, I'll buy one right now. AWD wagon, very preferably.

Pulling the cab also entails an extra thousand buck charge (at current labor rates), something I don't ever have to do. and Riff-Raff diesel has all the OBS parts I ever need anyway. I'm a frequent buyer on there. I can do everything short of a total rebuild and not pull the cab and frankly, don't want to anyway. Only thing I cannot do is replace the oil pan (Ford's 7.3 pans are noted for rusting out) which is a non issue with me anyway because I keep it coated with rust prevention. To replace the pan on a 4wd, you must either jack up the motor to clear the cross member or pull it out. Riff Raff sells even the delete pedestal for the turbo. I have one installed and the delete module as well.

Besides, the OBS trucks hold their value very well, especially the forged rod 7.3 I own, versus the sintered rod engine.

Pulling the cab also entails an extra thousand buck charge (at current labor rates), something I don't ever have to do. and Riff-Raff diesel has all the OBS parts I ever need anyway. I'm a frequent buyer on there. I can do everything short of a total rebuild and not pull the cab and frankly, don't want to anyway. Only thing I cannot do is replace the oil pan (Ford's 7.3 pans are noted for rusting out) which is a non issue with me anyway because I keep it coated with rust prevention. To replace the pan on a 4wd, you must either jack up the motor to clear the cross member or pull it out. Riff Raff sells even the delete pedestal for the turbo. I have one installed and the delete module as well.

Besides, the OBS trucks hold their value very well, especially the forged rod 7.3 I own, versus the sintered rod engine.
I’ve replaced two oil pans in the Cummins . Was told by the shop a diesel repair only place after the second one that the problem is from inside the pan . It seems if you don’t use it on a regular basis the acids build up and sludge forms . He showed me the old one the rot was in the low area around the drain plug . I replaced the first one I’ll never do it again .

Get in line, I like the idea of it, but if I can't charge it in 8 minutes and go 400-500 miles on a charge I'm not interested.

Dang. You drive that much every day? I'd be looking for a different line of work.

Those points are non issues for me. I don't care if it takes overnight to recharge, and 250 miles range would be plenty for me. My electricity recently went up 50%, but even so the $$/mile cost is way less than ICE.

The main things stopping me are that I'm not paying 4x what a comparable ICE car goes for just to have electric, and I'm not driving an iPad. If someone comes out with an EV that costs the same or slightly more than a comparable ICE car, has no touch screen, has tactile controls for basic vehicle functions, and no internet connectivity, I'll buy one right now. AWD wagon, very preferably.

The used market is going to look pretty good over the next few years. My Mach-E GT Perf Ed has dropped in value from about $65k last year to about $35k this year with less than 20k miles on it. It's practically new, looks and drives like it. I hear you on the controls though.

The one thing that people tend to forget is WHERE THE JUICE COMES FROM. They think it magically appears in the outlet. Duh.

Who is they? I would guess 95%+ people know where their electricity comes from. It's not 2015 anymore...

Dang. You drive that much every day? I'd be looking for a different line of work.

The used market is going to look pretty good over the next few years. My Mach-E GT Perf Ed has dropped in value from about $65k last year to about $35k this year with less than 20k miles on it. It's practically new, looks and drives like it. I hear you on the controls though.

Who is they? I would guess 95%+ people know where their electricity comes from. It's not 2015 anymore...
Not really . My sister in law lives in NYC she came up and was commenting on the beautiful lake at the end of my road I told her that it was a NYC reservoir. She ask “for what” ? Told her that was her drinking water she didn’t believe me . And she’s a NYC school teacher

Latest posts

Back