Edison Motors announces their pickup truck kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steam methane reformation looks like the kind of thing you'd do at a refinery, a central location, not at the pump. The oxide electrolizer that uses 30% less power is promising.

Not sure why you keep saying battery tech "will never" do whatever. It's hardly mature technology, the leaps and bounds in battery tech made in just the last ten years, that have actually come to market, are phenomenal. When I built my solar power system, the batteries I spec'd in were superceded and improved by 8.5% by the time I built the system.

The entire battery is recyclable now, reclaiming the materials for reuse. Sustainable.

The Tesla 3 can be ordered with up to 333mile range. You want an EV with range comparable to gas cars, we're there. Trucks while towing, obviously not yet, but that's the whole point of Edison Motors and this thread.

I don't understand the hate some of you people have for EVs. Let's do it all, let the market sort it out. Hydrogen fuel cell, hydrogen combustion, unicorn farts, the whole lot, let's do it all. Let people decide what they want to drive and let the market sort it out.

I do wish the government and our tax money weren't involved.

When the go
Steam methane reformation looks like the kind of thing you'd do at a refinery, a central location, not at the pump. The oxide electrolizer that uses 30% less power is promising.

Not sure why you keep saying battery tech "will never" do whatever. It's hardly mature technology, the leaps and bounds in battery tech made in just the last ten years, that have actually come to market, are phenomenal. When I built my solar power system, the batteries I spec'd in were superceded and improved by 8.5% by the time I built the system.

The entire battery is recyclable now, reclaiming the materials for reuse. Sustainable.

The Tesla 3 can be ordered with up to 333mile range. You want an EV with range comparable to gas cars, we're there. Trucks while towing, obviously not yet, but that's the whole point of Edison Motors and this thread.

I don't understand the hate some of you people have for EVs. Let's do it all, let the market sort it out. Hydrogen fuel cell, hydrogen combustion, unicorn farts, the whole lot, let's do it all. Let people decide what they want to drive and let the market sort it out.

When the government stacks the deck is when I get upset. I don’t hate EVs but with the rebates, tax breaks and the new EPA proposed guidelines for ICE vehicles which way to strict and states going with a new ICE vehicle ban after such and such date . It’s makes you suspicious of the validity of EVs .

Take DI for instance it does improve mpg and emissions but at the cost of reliability. My son has been doing a lot of upper head work because the valves get all carboned up at around 80-100k miles .

When the go

When the government stacks the deck is when I get upset. I don’t hate EVs but with the rebates, tax breaks and the new EPA proposed guidelines for ICE vehicles which way to strict and states going with a new ICE vehicle ban after such and such date . It’s makes you suspicious of the validity of EVs .

I have very strong opinions on this, and what is(and more importantly, IS NOT) a valid function of government, but this isn't the thread or the place for it.

Because your delivery charge is based on the electric charge . Used to be a flat rate of 25 bucks here

I hadn't even looked. Nothing I can do about it and I'm still buying the power, just ******** about it is all.

Some folks in town are talking about a 400% increase in their bill in one month. We had a mild fall, then jumped straight to a week with temps in the 20's.

I hadn't even looked. Nothing I can do about it and I'm still buying the power, just ******** about it is all.

Some folks in town are talking about a 400% increase in their bill in one month. We had a mild fall, then jumped straight to a week with temps in the 20's.
My electric company doesn’t care for me. Our use is real low couple of lights fridge and the water pump . No other usage most of the time except the occasional use of the air compressor and welder

https://hygear.com/technologies/steam-methane-reforming/

When Considering a one for all fuel source you must consider all industries. ICE has encapsulated this very thing for 100+ years. The replacement needs to do the same. Do you picture BEV replacing heavy haul? OTR? How about rail? Maritime? Big Ag or construction? Hydrogen can and will do all of the above, in due time. The longer we continue to artificially prop up unobtainable pipe dreams that can't support our lifestyle the more we all pay.

And there's the meat and potatoes. You think replacing one tried and true technology with multiples is acceptable. We agree to disagree.

It's very well known Tesla over rates their expected mile capacity. To date they have zero models that actually hit 300 miles in real world driving conditions without a very thoughtfully planned driving route, no heat/ac use and using the go pedal like it had an eggshell under it. They are rhay optimistic even uncle Sam stepped in and gave them a pee pee smack about it.

I do agree, hydrogen from the grid is as laughable as charging an ev. Let's use predominantly fossil fuels to crack water to make hydrogen. How about we just drill for it in the natural deposits we have, or better yet just use all the natural gas were currently sitting on top of in the states. Clean burning, readily available influlstrsucture pretty much already there/ not a massive issue like most other choices.

And there's the meat and potatoes. You think replacing one tried and true technology with multiples is acceptable. We agree to disagree.

Do you realize how many things in your world aren't powered by an ICE?

There are ocean ships that burn CNG and spin turbines, not all run on heavy fuel oil. Most underground mining equipment is electric. Lots of trains are electrified, either by third rail or pantograph. The cable cars in San Francisco are called cable cars because they're powered by cables running under the street, not by engines. There are gravity powered aerial ropeways, that aren't powered by anything but moving heavy crap downward and using that to move the empty ore buckets back upward. The power I'm using in my house right now comes from falling water, not an ICE.

In my house alone, we use gasoline, diesel, propane, butane, electricity, kerosene, white gas, charcoal, cordwood, and denatured alcohol for fuels. I don't even stick with one style of rechargeable power tool battery - I have four.

We were never a "one fuel for everything" civilization. Why place artificial limits? Why not use the best option for the job?

950 4
It's very well known Tesla over rates their expected mile capacity. To date they have zero models that actually hit 300 miles in real world driving conditions without a very thoughtfully planned driving route, no heat/ac use and using the go pedal like it had an eggshell under it. They are rhay optimistic even uncle Sam stepped in and gave them a pee pee smack about it.
The first Tesla, the Roadster, had an EPA claimed range of 240 miles. Hardly leaps and bounds in improvement 10 years on.

There are ocean ships that burn CNG and spin turbines, not all run on heavy fuel oil. Most underground mining equipment is electric. Lots of trains are electrified, either by third rail or pantograph. The cable cars in San Francisco are called cable cars because they're powered by cables running under the street, not by engines. There are gravity powered aerial ropeways, that aren't powered by anything but moving heavy crap downward and using that to move the empty ore buckets back upward. The power I'm using in my house right now comes from falling water, not an ICE.

In my house alone, we use gasoline, diesel, propane, butane, electricity, kerosene, white gas, charcoal, cordwood, and denatured alcohol for fuels. I don't even stick with one style of rechargeable power tool battery - I have four.

We were never a "one fuel for everything" civilization. Why place artificial limits? Why not use the best option for the job?
And exactly none of them rely on batteries for propulsion, and for good reason.
Carry on.

Gas turbines are internal combustion engines, as are every other turbine/ jet engine. Fuel type doesn't determine internal vs external combustion.

Looks like someone went 560 miles on one charge in a Tesla. I didn't read about what they had to do to get that, though. There's a model S that has a 405 mile range, and another that's 396.

Lucid makes an EV and claims 516 miles on a charge. Even if you knock that down by 20%, you're still at 400 miles on a charge.

950 4

The first Tesla, the Roadster, had an EPA claimed range of 240 miles. Hardly leaps and bounds in improvement 10 years on.
If you look up and real world reviews, you'd see that was optimistic at best range, I recall a car and driver review where they barely made it ~200 miles in one planned route between chargers.

Back