Eeeee-vangelizin'!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Planting contractor I was working with today lamented that he couldn't buy440's any more. I told him about the magic and wonder that is the Dolmar 7900/Makita 7901. Hooked him up with the Bailey's website address and some idea of prices. Told him how to get parts through HD. I think he'll end up buying a dozen or more for his thinning crew. We have converted another!

(Give Me Beer)

(Seriously, Give Me Beer)

Planting contractor I was working with today lamented that he couldn't buy440's any more. I told him about the magic and wonder that is the Dolmar 7900/Makita 7901. Hooked him up with the Bailey's website address and some idea of prices. Told him how to get parts through HD. I think he'll end up buying a dozen or more for his thinning crew. We have converted another!

Whew! That's a relief! Saved another sinner from sliding down to hell on the bar of a Stihl. :D :popcorn: :D

Nothing makes a tailgate look better than a 7900..

attachment.php

(Give Me Beer)

How do you get parts through Home Depot? Thanks!

Just ask, you never know.

I tore an intake boot and drove down to one of the local HD's that same day and sure enough the fella sold me one he had in stock for repair.

Praise the lord and pass the orange and black kool aid!

Is there a mandatory pilgrimage to Dolmar Mountain? I'm fairly new to the religion.

(Give Me Beer)

amen brother.
amen.

HD is a Makita dealer. Give them a P/N and they can order it.

If you can find the right person in the right mood. I used to be a Tool Rental tech (been out of the game for almost three years now), so I could order a good deal of parts through the rental system. I'd just mark them up to retail and sell them under a generic rental number, because I could get parts faster than through retail special order. I'm sure it probably violated company policy, but I cared more about getting results than following the book 100%.

I could not get everything Makita sells through rental (if it wasn't something in the rental fleet, I couldn't do it through the rental system), and when they come out with an updated part (new part number), I had to do a big dance of faxing forms to the home office and getting somebody there to activate the new part number, which could sometimes take over a month.

But if a customer who bought something new or used through the rental department needed parts, if I had it there, they would get it at a good price to get them back on the job fast. I sold a LOT of those Makita/Dolmar concrete saws...

There are ways to order more things through the retail system, but it can be "interesting" finding the right catalog and the right special order code and the right person at Makita to make it happen. It can be hit or miss. Tool rental, the tool corral, or the Pro Desk are the places to ask.

One of these days I'm going to actually score me a $200 6401 to play with, never did luck into one when I was working there.

Damn you guys! :monkey: Just now I invested 600 Euro :cry: on a 460 :biggrinbounce2: and you're telling me that I need to get a 7900 + big airfilter kit ? My wife is going to kill me... :dizzy:

Damn you guys! :monkey: Just now I invested 600 Euro :cry: on a 460 :biggrinbounce2: and you're telling me that I need to get a 7900 + big airfilter kit ? My wife is going to kill me... :dizzy:

LOL!!!!

Tradition is that ya tell her how much you saved on the saw, like they do when clothes shopping...

Good luck with the couch!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

LOL!!!!

Tradition is that ya tell her how much you saved on the saw, like they do when clothes shopping...

Good luck with the couch!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have a two roomed fully insulated doghouse that my Rotti will share if I need it...

Think I made another convert today. Co-worker busted a fan belt in the back nine behind a 40" blowdown. There was a space I cut through it a year ago that was just big enough for a pickup, but not for a tow rig. Cut him out in record time, big heavy rounds. Showed him how to quartersaw big rounds to get them to a manageable size. I had him bucking smaller rounds with my 460 while I wrangled the big stuff.

Tee-hee! I am a Stihl fan, but it makes me giddy with glee to own something even better!

Latest posts

Back