Efco 152 long term test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are them solo 656's besides expensive? Do they run up to the hype? Ive never ran one...let alone see one in person.

The distributor here dropped them, hard to get questions answered, no parts available, no warranty consideration. Dealers stuck with inventory told to close it out on the distributor's dime, parts are your concern however. Newport, VI seems to ring a bell as to where he has to call now for parts. Nothing special is how I would describe a customers we sold new.

i too been wondering about larger echos, 60cc and up. know some on AS really like them. i don't know which would be professional quality and which are homeowner. i do know they are somewhat less expensive than the stihl/huskys.

I tried many times to get setup with Solo as a dealer. Never got any responce. I like what I am selling now and the distributer I deal with. So I can't see any Solo tests in the future.

When the temp goes back above freezing it will resume. The 152 does not mind the cold but my hands do. Playing with a XPG until it warms up.

It seems those solo's are a bust except for the 681. I noticed they tried to go main stream about the same time efco did....looks like efco is gaining steam.. as long as they dont go china on us...oh and raise their prices..lol

it wont let me reap ya jerry....

It seems those solo's are a bust except for the 681. I noticed they tried to go main stream about the same time efco did....looks like efco is gaining steam.. as long as they dont go china on us...oh and raise their prices..lol

it wont let me reap ya jerry....

I can't see the pro line going Chinese. Homeowner line is partly now, so who knows. Was more than alittle disappointed when I opened the boxes containing the 3700 and trimmers to see "Made in China". They did look as good as the Italian made in quality and have had no issues with them in use. Its hard enough getting peoples minds switched from Germany/Sweden to Italy for chainsaws. I my opinion "Made in China" will not help.

Im trying to get baileys to stock aftermarket pistons for efco...so far they arent being nice..lol..I feel like i am getting ignored. Now dayum it I dont want an oem...I want an episan:bang: they are better.

Came home today to find a 152 outside my shop door. Attached note said "broke, please fix". It is a very low hour saw that I sold to a local farmer in October. Tried to pull it over with no luck. First thought was stuck piston. Next pull it came free with lower case noise then lock up. Maybe bearing failure. No. Anyone care to guess the trouble?

Will have it running in a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back