• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Efco 152

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anybody interested in a fairly low hour Efco 152. I have too many 50cc saws and this would be my first choice to let go, not that it's a bad saw, since the next one to go would be a toss up between a ported 651 solo and a stock Dolmar 5100s.

I bought the saw new at Menards for $400 probably 5+ years ago, but with multiple saws, and not much wood cutting in that time, it really doesn't have much use on it. It is a plastic body sort of like a clamshell but the jug is a separate bolt on unit and the case is a small split case (no oil tank) and I think it is aluminum (not mag). It runs and starts better than most saws, has a primer, decomp, side chain tensioner, clutch driven adjustable oiler, and outboard clutch with rim sprocket. Fairly light for a 50cc saw. Only thing that is wrong is the clear rubber cover over the ignition switch is missing (they fall of all Efcos in the first 10 minutes of use). I just put brand new tygon fuel line in it. Speedwise it cuts enough slower than the Dolmar 5100s to be noticeable, but it is still respectable, and one of those saws that is just pleasant to operate.

I'm running a well used .325 pitch .058 gage 16" bar. I could switch it to a well used .050 gage 16" or I have some new 16" and 18" .050 and .058 gage bars, or just the PH. I also could set you up with several chains if needed, semi chisel or chisel. I'd even be willing to attempt a minor woods porting without any upfront commitment. I could do some before and after video with the same chain and same log to document the improvement, if any (I'm still learning, but tickled with how the Makita DCS520 turned out).

Let me know if there is any interest. I can post some photos, etc. I'm open to offers based upon what one might want for bar and chain, porting, but again, no commitment. If there is interest in porting, all learning is at my expense!!

Displacement 51.7 cc
Power 3.4 HP
Bar Length 16", 18", 20"
Chain (pitch x gauge) .325"/.058"
Oil Pump Automatic/Adjustable
Oil/Fuel Capacity 9.1/16.9 fl. oz.
Weight 10.7 lb

Latest posts

Back