• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 1/2" .058 gauge square chisel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There really no market for it, hence why it's not made. .404 takes the power any hand held saw can dish out and jump to 3/4 for harvester these days.
Sean is correct here, I come from a manufacturing back ground. Un-mothballing that old tooling and putting it back in service to make 1000’ feet of chain a year? For collectors? They would lose money on 1000’ a year even with that crazy price.

Like I was telling the OP, I look at the price of nos 084 mufflers, 056 Ignitions, Husky 2100 topend kits, and 090 6 shoe clutches now compared to what I sold them for just 5 years ago, then compare the value of the dollar now compared to 5 years ago, it makes me sick to my stomach.
It sickens me how many NOS 090 6 shoe clutches and FG2 bench mounts I sold. I never kept one for myself. I had boxes and boxes of 090 clutches. They are all long gone.

Problem with 1/2” full chisel chain is the bike saw guys stripped the market of it 20 years ago, so if you stumble across a piece, you should try to buy it.
I agree it is not economically feasible. If a company wanted to try something different they should work on improving the .404. I think you know what I mean....... :)

High tooth .404 would be great. As I remember it had a #46 something or other in its part number. Though 1/2" chisel is better for the old geardrives. Still a high tooth 8 pin on a 101b would be quite appropriate. Some west cast racers still have it, though not for sale.

Sean is correct here, I come from a manufacturing back ground. Un-mothballing that old tooling and putting it back in service to make 1000’ feet of chain a year? For collectors? They would lose money on 1000’ a year even with that crazy price.
Just make new tooling with a 3D printer!

Back