• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 1/2" .058 gauge square chisel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I likely have some 1/2” .058, it’s of little use to me as most saws I mess with run .063. I would be interested in trading some off, but my days of just selling stuff out right have about come to an end. The stuff is getting harder and harder to find and the dollar is becoming less and less valuable. Do you have any old saws, parts etc to trade?

I likely have some 1/2” .058, it’s of little use to me as most saws I mess with run .063. I would be interested in trading some off, but my days of just selling stuff out right have about come to an end. The stuff is getting harder and harder to find and the dollar is becoming less and less valuable. Do you have any old saws, parts etc to trade?
Any particular interests? The excess of McC parts I have now belong to a 7-55 & a super 44a. But I'm not sure you want any of that stuff. The majority of my parts are from retired ms660s & 064AVs

I know that 5 years ago new Oregon 1/2" .063 chisel was averaging $6 per cutter and was told last year it was up to $18. One might think that the much easier & less expensive to find, 1/2" chipper chain would also be an alternative, besides .404.

Like to see pics of that 7/8 👍
I will have to try to look around for it.
Do you have any presets for Remington 1/2" chain? I just got a bit of that..
There might be a few as I do have some odd ball stuff. What markings are on it? There should be a Mall version. I knew where there was some that we agreed on a price for but the man passed away before we could conclude the deal.

That is just one box of links. I have totes full of used chain and reels of new. I like vintage saws and tend to pick up what I can. I have chisel in every pitch. Let me tell you 7/8 chisel is wicked stuff...scary wicked.....
If 7/8" is at all comparable to 3/4" harvester chain, I'd say so!

It is nice to leave some things virgins.
Like I was telling the OP, I look at the price of nos 084 mufflers, 056 Ignitions, Husky 2100 topend kits, and 090 6 shoe clutches now compared to what I sold them for just 5 years ago, then compare the value of the dollar now compared to 5 years ago, it makes me sick to my stomach.

So it was a joke earlier. But at this point, why isn't someone looking into making the elusive 1/2" square chisel bit chain from a sheet of stock? What's involved? Rivet pins, the right steel, a press with tooling, hardening & plating equipment? Talking Rolex GMT prices for 40 foot of chain!?!

Latest posts

Back