• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 1/2" .058 gauge square chisel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your best bet might be to scour the flea markets and yard sales for a complete saw that someone is selling to just get rid of their "junk"

Got this in the mail today, I should've bought the reel that sold right before it as well.
Looks like my chainsaw addiction has a new facet, saw chain acquisition...

Anyways, I thought that the bar on the 1-80 was .058, but the section I tested with this .063 gauge chain, fit. Works for me..
20230302_144014.jpg

I've bought saws at swap meets just for the 1/2 chisel chain that was on them. The chain can be worth three or four times what the saw is. Look into garage sales & swap meets in farm or forest country. Tractor & machinery meets are good too.
There's a bar & chain on ebay right now that I'm looking at.

Got this in the mail today, I should've bought the reel that sold right before it as well.
Looks like my chainsaw addiction has a new facet, saw chain acquisition...

Anyways, I thought that the bar on the 1-80 was .058, but the section I tested with this .063 gauge chain, fit. Works for me..
I think putting chipper on it was a wise choice.

20230302_205828.jpg20230302_205937.jpg20230302_211153.jpg

Workbench is a little cluttered right now...

99 drive links seems to be right. Just need a tie strap with new rivets.

This saw came without a spark plug. Turns out it has extremely good compression. Thinking that the saw was involved in an accident (its roughed up, wonky handlebar etc) and was parked. Hope it wasn't part of some fatal incident!

Back