Efco 152 long term test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I heard, the 152's replacement was at least a year away. I know nothing of a cat muffler, but that could happen, although unlikely.

They are replacing the 152:msp_angry: Id like to hear more on this

Everything is going to be replaced eventually. It will be EPA compliant, one can assume, and will be one of the last ones done, as the 152 is a popular saw.

They are replacing the 152:msp_angry: Id like to hear more on this
Look at the Efco line-up. New models in chainsaws are called "MT****" and old models are just the number, like 152. Weedeaters are "DS****" in the same way. My local dealer was talking about this last week, it's like a phased facelift of the line. The 152 will be phased out in time to something with the all in one controller lever and new styling of the MT**** models...expect an MT5200 next year probably!

Echo 152

I have a 152 that I am useing and 1 new one in the box. The 152 are good saws. The only problem I had with it was the trigger would stick when giving it some gas. 20 minutes and I fixed that problem.

Here is the broken thread boss. Hole in crankcase is circled in red.

attachment.php

So will that be fixed under warranty? Was this the saw that was to be ported? I put about the 10th tank through my newest one since i ported it....Its always nice to make a good thing better

Back