EFCO Brand - Please leave me your feedback!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny zog. seems like a good commercial to me. gonna have to slim it down to 20 seconds so they can show it on tv though. need to git to editing. buy a slot on super bowl sunday and git with it.

I had a little top handle branded as a Jonsered. It was a pretty decent saw for the money. Put up with being drug around up in a tree about as well as any other saw I've tortured in that manner. And, the anti-vibe WAS better than the ones on the German saws (as mentioned previously in this thread).

My only complaint (and it's a deal-breaker for me) is the amount of foolishness required to r and r the carb. I've wrenched on some pretty ridiculous machinery, but the level of sheer buffoonery required to complete this task was more than ridiculous. Perhaps more accurately, a giant PITA.

FWIW, I am a commercial user without the resources to hire out my saw repairs. And, I get really annoyed when it takes a couple hours of suffering to accomplish what I have done on other designs in 10 minutes.

...Where are the pictures of sweet chicks holding Efco power tools? :D

We need videos with the Multimate quintuplets:

Efco_Multimate.jpg

MULTIMATE: EFCO italiano

As far as the pro saws go, modernize and get some spring AV and air injection type air filtration going if you can. The latter might be a patent matter but certainly the former.

I've had the opportunity to buy several of your saws used in the past but they need to be "modernized" so to speak.

Jesus if you have a way, tell them to remake the videos. Its 2012, those videos would be good 40 years ago when such tools were hard to get. Nowadays there's an abundance of merchandise, cheap chainsaws for the masses in every grocery store, the pros are taken care of with market leaders, you can order your weed whacker and have it delivered the next day etc, you need to _have_ and _show_ something that people want.

But to make sales you need some commercial material that's gonna convince people that your product is the real deal. And felling and limbing a 8" oak with a short intro of a rhino and some sheep, with video quality almost as good as smartphones make today ain't it. :) Sawing some draft wood, mowing 3" grass and trimming the ugliest hedge one could find and stuff like that, its filmed like a parody. :dizzy:

Compare it to a husky promo... You have some nice scenery, good image quality, zoom on this, zoom on that, different angles, slow motion the chips flying, cut some soft wood. Drop a nice tree that makes a nice thud and not some turd that the guy pushes over (without success) with his hands. If the first one doesn't make a nice thud drop another one. And the third one. Limb the tree like its a race, not like you don't know where to cut (because you picked the most retarded oak to cut). Point out why your product is better than the competition. Where are the pictures of sweet chicks holding Efco power tools? :D

Here is how a product introduction should look like:
Husqvarna 560XP Chainsaw - YouTube

I know it probably cost 10 times more to introduce 1 model than it cost Efco to introduce 20, but they'd be better off now releasing that video at all.

That is a perfect example of how GREAT marketing works. It stirs desires for a product. I am not over the world about the husky brand, but that makes me want to buy one, AND that is what it is all about!

As far as the pro saws go, modernize and get some spring AV and air injection type air filtration going if you can. The latter might be a patent matter but certainly the former.

I've had the opportunity to buy several of your saws used in the past but they need to be "modernized" so to speak.

Can you give examples of what or how you "modernized". I have a 3 yr old 165, hardly used, but I have been thinking of removing the limiters a re-ajusting the mix.

I think some good points have been brought up. Efco has a good product, but lousy marketing. Efco...Echo. Problem right there. Olympic was worlds better than Efco. Same thing for the myriad of saws in the under 50cc class. a 35 and 45 would fill the market with a 12 and 14 inch bar. Make one a top handle. In the bigger stuff you really only need a couple or 3. One good heavy duty saw of at least 85 cc and a couple in the 55-70 cc class. Those are real saws. Make them high quality and long lasting and SIMPLE. No crazy chains adjustment schemes, no spaceship looking top covers concealing air filters worthy of a 454 Chevy, no teeny, tiny opening for gas and oil, no AV mounts that disintegrate in 6 months or oilers with fragile materials.

Look at it this way, Husky made it's name with 3 pro grade saws- the 266, 181 and 2100. Stihl did it with the 041, 051, 075. You don't need 35 saws in the line up. 6 would do it, 8 is probably overkill.

I think some good points have been brought up. Efco has a good product, but lousy marketing. Efco...Echo. Problem right there. Olympic was worlds better than Efco. Same thing for the myriad of saws in the under 50cc class. a 35 and 45 would fill the market with a 12 and 14 inch bar. Make one a top handle. In the bigger stuff you really only need a couple or 3. One good heavy duty saw of at least 85 cc and a couple in the 55-70 cc class. Those are real saws. Make them high quality and long lasting and SIMPLE. No crazy chains adjustment schemes, no spaceship looking top covers concealing air filters worthy of a 454 Chevy, no teeny, tiny opening for gas and oil, no AV mounts that disintegrate in 6 months or oilers with fragile materials.

Look at it this way, Husky made it's name with 3 pro grade saws- the 266, 181 and 2100. Stihl did it with the 041, 051, 075. You don't need 35 saws in the line up. 6 would do it, 8 is probably overkill.

Seems like good advice to me. Make a few saws, make them very well and build a rep on that.

I think he is suggesting to Efco that they should modernize their saw offerings, not that he has done these modifications himself.

Right, I take your point. But there is the example of the excellent German SOLO saw that has refused to "thin" down its product to comply with EPA regs. Bailey's stopped selling it for this reason. I bought one they had on sale, very GOOD saw.

I think some good points have been brought up. Efco has a good product, but lousy marketing. Efco...Echo. Problem right there. Olympic was worlds better than Efco. ....

Don't think that that is a good name at the moment. To many associations with Greece in that name.

Need a good italian name that ends with an "I".

Right, I take your point. But there is the example of the excellent German SOLO saw that has refused to "thin" down its product to comply with EPA regs. Bailey's stopped selling it for this reason. I bought one they had on sale, very GOOD saw.

I agree about Solo. I've got a 680. Guess that explains why the big saws are disappearing from their US lineup.

Besides advertising efco really needs more dealers and a better parts distribution.
5 yr warranty is great if the parts are available to fix the saw, if there not, then its kinda useless while it may help efco sell more, but when there saw does need repair the long wait for parts has most customers probably wishing they chose another brand.

Besides advertising efco really needs more dealers and a better parts distribution.
5 yr warranty is great if the parts are available to fix the saw, if there not, then its kinda useless while it may help efco sell more, but when there saw does need repair the long wait for parts has most customers probably wishing they chose another brand.

Agree. How many are ready to buy an EFCO, I wonder?

Don't think that that is a good name at the moment. To many associations with Greece in that name.

I was thinking the Olympic mountains out west. Whatever, one way to fix it is to keep the Efco name and create a "series", ie- Efcos new "Sierra Series" or something catchy like that. Pioneer started out as IEL, but their Pioneer saw made such and impact it changed the company name. Or go with Atlas or with Italian mountain ranges- Monti Sabatini is kinda catchy, but a mouthful.

Latest posts

Back