EFCO Brand - Please leave me your feedback!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Efco is doing away with all their bigger saws in the US. Biggest is going to be the 152. I LOVE my 152, but the company could sure do a lot better from the business end. Too bad, they have great saws.........

That must be in the future as the website shows a 70.

I heard talks that the 152 is going to be different also late this fall to keep up with emissions. not sure exactly how different but I believe they were changing the model # not sure though. as for the bigger saws yes they are working on another bigger redesign. to meet epa

I heard talks that the 152 is going to be different also late this fall to keep up with emissions. not sure exactly how different but I believe they were changing the model # not sure though. as for the bigger saws yes they are working on another bigger redesign. to meet epa
Maybe they'll put the 152s on clearance. I could use one of them at a clearance price!! That post about the guy who put thousands of hours on his with no major issues caught my attention.

I doubt there will be any clearance pricing. because they will be only be worth more after the new more choked down epa models come out lol

On their site they say they already meet epa II standards or something like that, with some new tech, but I couldn't find exactly what that meant.

I really like my 56 and 62. But there is no way id buy a new one. Warranty is damaged goods. Beyond repair in my book. I would buy a 52 with clearance prices!

They have (or had) a sales office somewhere around here. Maybe I should just drop in . . . ?
I dropped in.

Just an office. Looks like they are still 'rebuilding' their US presence in the OPE market - lots of servicing dealers listed on their dealer finder, but limited numbers of selling dealers with product in stock.

They did mention that 'Efco' (saws and OPE), 'Tecomec' (grinders and chainsaw/OPE accessories), 'Comet' (pumps and pressure washers), and 'Mecline' (spray nozzles and cleaning equipment) are now all under the same umbrella company. Efco is still the only major chainsaw manufacturer that I know, aside from Oregon, of that offers PowerSharp chain as an OEM option on some of their saws. Maybe we will see a self-cleaning/self-sharpening chainsaw from them?

They could not tell me anything about any changes in how these items might be distributed, or if things will be ramping up soon. Apparently. they were at GIE.

Philbert

Back