Electric log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basso

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,
My friend would like to buy an electric log splitter. He doesn't want to deal with a big hydraulic one. He just has some small wood that he would like to split occasionally. Can anyone recommend a particular one for purchase? Thanks

Basso

Hey...good question!
I've been thinking of one too split kindlin with here at home.....the wifey sometimes needs smaller stuff and she's just not the axe swingin type....so I thought a nice little electric unit standing against the wall by the woodpile here in the house might be convenient! Yep...you heard it right....IN the house...that's why I want an electric one...quiet and no fumes!!! I offered a big whopping gasoline unit already...she said no...the carbon monoxide wouldnt be good for the house plants!!!

Had a DR 4 ton electric hydraulic splitter for 6 years doing 5-7 FULL cords/year for firewood. It does the job without fumes, starting, noise--plug it in and run it. Back in 2001 it was around $500. made extremely well in Italy.
No, zero mechanical problems with it used hard every year except some bolts and minor fittings. It's horizontal so the butt has to be humped up to the bed for splitting. You know you need the weight lifting workout. Yes, it is slow compared with our old gas 20 ton splitter, but: I can talk to myself ( intelligent conversation), sing, listen to neocon radio, or classical music.
Only downside to this electric splitter is that it is slow compared to a gas splitter.
DR is a quality company to deal with. They have 6 ton splitters also.
The small DR does 90% of the splitting; the rest I can manhandle with wedges, or dump the SOB crotches.
What's with all this gear macho stuff for those paying for delivered wood ? One weeny in Mass from another site, says he "needs" a MS440 :chainsaw: AND a 20 ton splitter to "work hard" :confused: at the pile of delivered logs dropped off at his driveway for 3 cords.:monkey: :cry: :cry:

What's with all this gear macho stuff for those paying for delivered wood ? One weeny in Mass from another site, says he "needs" a MS440 :chainsaw: AND a 20 ton splitter to "work hard" :confused: at the pile of delivered logs dropped off at his driveway for 3 cords.:monkey: :cry: :cry:

+1 lol :clap:

Latest posts

Back