Embedding images in your posts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine we have very few of those people still hanging around. This site is almost impossible to view on dialup.

DSC00349.jpg

No problems here:rock:

I imagine we have very few of those people still hanging around. This site is almost impossible to view on dialup.

Some of us live in the "sticks" and dream of broadband someday. I'm on dial up right now myself.

So can anyone tell me why it is that I've had success in the past and lately for some reason the thumb nail posts but the image doesn't, just that that annoying red X. Just tried to post this pic in a different thread, lets see if it works here.
attachment.php

You are able to load pics onto AS under your own profile. When you do this it shows you the embedded link; all you have to do is copy and paste it into your thread. Then, your photos will be around until you remove them from AS.

You didn't seem to include the "jpg" part of the link in your IMG tag. When I open up the properties, I do not see the picture part in the link name. The HTML stuff doesn't seem to work either.

When you see the picture, open the properties and copy the entire link address including the picture name and paste that between IMG tags. It has worked for me everytime.

So can anyone tell me why it is that I've had success in the past and lately for some reason the thumb nail posts but the image doesn't, just that that annoying red X. Just tried to post this pic in a different thread, lets see if it works here.
attachment.php

Quote test ....

I've noticed a lot of images in threads not being embedded where they show up automatically. IMHO, it makes a thread much more enjoyable if they are embedded, rather than having to click on each link, a new browser window popping up, and then having to close that window for every picture linked. Additionally, you can only see one picture at a time that way.

It's very simple to embedd a picture in your post. The instructions are in the FAQ, linked towards the top of the page. FAQ.

"How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too."

Thanks, Brad.

Does anyone know how to embed a thumbnail? I mean so the image shows in the post as a small image (thumbnail), and when you click on it it enlarges.

Thanks again.
attachment.php

Whoa!

Way too big! I suppose I'll need to resize my pics some more! Is there a recommended size? This was 168 KB to suit the attachment requirements.

Close, but no cigar yet!

Olyeller

What resolution do you usually use? I thought 72 dpi was standard for lo-res? Sorry for more dumbbell questions. But I am getting closer!

Maybe this time?

Okay, I changed the image's pixel dimensions to a width of 800 & height 600, at 72 dpi resolution. I'm doing this as a test and also to help others along this path who might be as lost as I am!

attachment.php

I hope this works!

Yes!! Finally!

My apologies for those who think this is a distraction, but this thread has been very helpful and instructive to me, for one, for embedding future chainsaw photos. Thanks to all who provided tips!

Olyeller

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back