Embedding images in your posts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a rule that anyone with less than 500 posts isn't allowed to embedd pics? Yes, I'm on a soap box. It seems like more often than not, pictures are not being embedded. The way I look at it, if you don't have time to embedd your pictures, then I don't have time to open and close each one of them individually. Seriously, come on guys. It's not rocket science. Rant off, at least for now:)

Winter blues?

Is there a rule that anyone with less than 500 posts isn't allowed to embedd pics? Yes, I'm on a soap box. It seems like more often than not, pictures are not being embedded. The way I look at it, if you don't have time to embedd your pictures, then I don't have time to open and close each one of them individually. Seriously, come on guys. It's not rocket science. Rant off, at least for now:)

What's up, Brad? Cabin fever setting in already? Believe it or not, everybody on AS may not be quite as in tune as you are with forum/posting/embedding procedures, regardless of number of posts. You started this thread to try to help others understand the process; now you're having a cow about it? Dude, lighten up. Or are you bucking for Gary's job of being the site grouch?

Ken

Ok, was this done right?
FYI, This is 'Uncle Bill's' Arctic Cat engine after the rod seized to the crank.

attachment.php

It was still running on the other two cylinders.

Last edited:
In cases where the pics are added as thumbnails, I just right click on them and select "Open in New Window" and open all of them individually. I do like the inbedded ones better though, so you can see all at the same time.

Here is a fine example of emedding.:greenchainsaw:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=121365

Great thread Brad.
I also use photo bucket.
i download all my pic's to photo bucket.
Then copy and paste them from photo bucket
to the thread on the site in which you want.

Lee

ahem..:newbie:, and I managed to embed a pic.(firewood chatter) thanks to this thread. as for the 500 posts, well ok. 450 to go, should have those out by the a.m.

in the attachement mngr. there is a file size limit listed for each file extension. If you note them for your typical file type, you can see that your pic. meets the criteria before you go to load it. anyhoo, probably the source of the red x., though sometimes on slow connections the browser will give up before the image loads.

k, next time I post it will be about a saw.

regards, Eric

test image

Let's see if this works. I was having a little fun on a beach near Santiago...

Bobbramhagirl1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

I'm not sure that your test is chainsaw related, but I sure am glad you learned how to embed a photo.

Your t-shirt says "corporate challenge"--may I inquire as to what challenge you were taking on in this photo? LOL

Olyeller

Great thread Brad.
I also use photo bucket.
i download all my pic's to photo bucket.
Then copy and paste them from photo bucket
to the thread on the site in which you want.

Lee
+1 I've had trouble uploading photos then trying to embed them (hasn't always worked) , I find photobucket more reliable, I resize them 800 x 600 before uploading.

Now try this! I think I got it!

attachment.php

Woo Hooo! It worked! I never would have figured it out with just the faq section! Thanks for the patience guys!

Last edited:
Now try this! I think I got it!

attachment.php

Woo Hooo! It worked! I never would have figured it out with just the faq section! Thanks for the patience guys!

I'm still getting a red X. It looks like the address is missing the www.

With this address
http://arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=122798&stc=1&d=1264345134

we see this
attachment.php

With this address
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=122798&stc=1&d=1264345134

we see this
attachment.php

BTW I have a sudden urge to go fishing. ;)

What's up, Brad? Cabin fever setting in already? Believe it or not, everybody on AS may not be quite as in tune as you are with forum/posting/embedding procedures, regardless of number of posts. You started this thread to try to help others understand the process; now you're having a cow about it? Dude, lighten up. Or are you bucking for Gary's job of being the site grouch?

Ken

Yup, I get grouchy sometimes, lol:cheers:

Too big

So can anyone tell me how to resize a pic that is to big so it fits the screen or for the avatar. I tried to crop a pic but still too big.

Latest posts

Back