engine pump coupling and weld flanges

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle1!

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have my 16hp BS engine off the mower to power my splitter. Unlike most mower shaft pulleys mine just slid off with the tap from a hammer. Could you put a keyed 5/8" sleeve in the bolt end of this pulley and connect directly to the pump from the engine instead of using a lovejoy? Too much slop in the pulley? The mower frame under the engine has some pieces of steel that will need to be cut out to fit up a connection but with the pulley no need. I assume we will make our mounting bracket for the pump.

On another note....I purchased the following items from SC to build a tank but since I came across my never been used tanks I don't need these items. If anyone can use them and don't mind paying shipping they are yours. Should be able to fit everything inside a $4.95 USPS box. PM me.

9-7843-24 1-1/2" NPT FORGED WELD-IN TANK FLANGE
9-7843-16 1" NPT FORGED WELD-IN TANK FLANGE
9-7843-12 3/4" NPT FORGED WELD-IN TANK FLANGE
9-7843-20 1-1/4" NPT FORGED WELD-IN TANK FLANGE
9-5406-P-16 1" NPT PLUG
9-7957-12 3/4" NPT PLASTIC TANK BREATHER

Brian

It would be best to buy a coupler. The setup you described does not allow enough movement between the engine and pump to compensate for any imperfections in the mount, the pump or the engine. If it all came together just right it might work and even last a fair while, but the very slightest angular misalignement would kill that pump in very short order.

Used to be a place near me that sold salvaged couplers and other power transmission parts. I really hate that they closed up shop since they sold stuff for about 1/4 of retail or less.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back