Ethanol-Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see that the name of the stuff has already been sorted out, but i took a picture of the stuff when I was at Wal-mart last night.
attachment.php

Last edited:
I looked for and found their web-site. Looked longer and did not find any MSDS or forum reports suggesting someone with a lot of first-hand experience reccomends the stuff.

Can't say what it is, but as a guess, it would be a higher alcohol/petroleum distillate/detergent blend that does not remove any ethanol, but prevents phase separation from occurring. At least until water content reaches 3% or so.

Would YOU run gas with that much water in YOUR saw?

With that said, I can maybe see some utility if one was forced to buy E-10 gas in conditions that render the stuff worthless in days, not weeks. In spring in MN, we sometimes have daily highs of like 70 with dewpoints just as high, followed by thick, dense fog as night temps drop into the upper 40's...open gas tanks on older equipment accumulate a lot of water and E10 gas is ruined in a couple days.

Fortunately, these conditions only last a couple of days at a time, but I imagine it is worse in the east and south.

Latest posts

Back