Even with pictures it’s hard to believe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 1 small engine dealer/shop in town. Husky, Wright, Redmax, but they service anything. 4 younger guys, hard workers running a successful business. I buy almost all my parts from them for the campus. Also some wackers, 21” mowers and this year I bought a 61” wright zero turn. A few years ago I asked what they did with the equipment they didn’t want to work on or stuff that the owner didn’t want to repair. They junked it. I save it from the scrap. I mostly get trash. New ryobi, Homelite and Poulan. I’m not talking about super xl, 10-10 and 4000 saws. Plastic throwaway blowers and wackers. I don’t bother posting that junk. But I do get a lot of Husky sand occasionally 272xp, 044, 046, S25DA. Those I keep. Some are beat and for parts, others need a coil. I got a one year old mantis last week. 4 stroke Honda. Runs but tines won’t move. They junked it, likely thought the gear box was locked. I did too but it wasn’t. Water got in the clutch bearing and rust welded it. I pulled the bearing apart freed and cleaned it. Works perfect now. It’s not that they are careless, they are busy. The town is affluent and people just buy a new one. Long story but that’s how I end up with a lot of junk but some real good stuff too.

That’s a sweet score on that 046, I’m very happy for you, and slightly jealous.

Latest posts

Back