Ever can't sleep when you are obsessed about a new chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardhat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Tonight is one of those nights. I know no one else has ever done this. So no one will understand, but last night I laid in bed awake dreaming of the ms 150 tce that will be here next week. Thought about all the videos I watched of it. Imagined how light and surprisingly powerful for its size it will be. How cute it will look. How it is so little I can carry it anywhere I want to go.....Ridiculous isn't it?

Finally went to sleep. Then woke up at 3am thinking about getting out there cutting wood with the new 550xp. We are having to clear some little trees around the big live oak we are cutting to have a place to fell it, so I haven't been able to get this thing into bigger wood yet, but it is coming soon.............

Anyone with CAD ever experience anything like this?

Tonight is one of those nights. I know no one else has ever done this. So no one will understand, but last night I laid in bed awake dreaming of the ms 150 tce that will be here next week. Thought about all the videos I watched of it. Imagined how light and surprisingly powerful for its size it will be. How cute it will look. How it is so little I can carry it anywhere I want to go.....Ridiculous isn't it?

Finally went to sleep. Then woke up at 3am thinking about getting out there cutting wood with the new 550xp. We are having to clear some little trees around the big live oak we are cutting to have a place to fell it, so I haven't been able to get this thing into bigger wood yet, but it is coming soon.............

Anyone with CAD ever experience anything like this?
Wow! Like lookin' in the freakin' mirror. Only thing worse is waiting for them to get back from being ported. I don't pi$$ rev in the garage though, I sneak off to the farm and butcher dead trees at high rpm. Yes, I have always been this pathetic! ; )

Um, can't say I've experienced that. I've lain awake at night thinking about stuff but it has generally been more life altering decisions than a power tool. I like chainsaws alright but my life doesn't revolve around them. I hope you love the MS150 when it comes.

No piece of chainsaw or other equipment/toy should ever make you loose sleep - that should be reserved for things that are actually important, and there are plenty of appropriate candidates if you look around.

I've always been like this. I get excited about stuff. Just the way it is. Doesn't interfere with job or family, but tools and equipment are definitely a hobby. I enjoyed the heck out of bush hogging small trees this morning and cutting that live oak down. I looked forward to it, I enjoyed and I smile now thinking about it. Thanks to you guys above who understand.

Dang I hope your dealer don't tell you he forgot to place the order that it will be another week View attachment 361935

LOL. Hopefully not. I'll calm down. I just ordered it yesterday, plus the wife thinks I'm just looking at it now. I'll tell her in a few days.......She doesn't seem to get upset if I sell a saw to buy a new one...I've got a dozen saws give or take and can do quite a bit more upgrading :)

I know that feeling. I become crazy, the ported 562 i order from wickedworksaw is supposed to be in Miami airport, but the f***ing plane does not seem to want to fly:chainsaw:

Or it crashed and my saw is at the bottom of the ocean:(. And i swimm very poorly:D

Back