Ever found something strange in your ashes??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a friend who dad owe a grading business. told him to clean out it his truck and throw all the trash away. a potato chip bag had 8 grand in it from a job and he dump all the trash from cleaning the truck out in the outside heater. he said his dad didnt look or talk to him for like 4 months

DSCN0424_zps850f8566.jpg

I found this. I think it could have been from an old clothes hangar maybe?

had a friend who dad owe a grading business. told him to clean out it his truck and throw all the trash away. a potato chip bag had 8 grand in it from a job and he dump all the trash from cleaning the truck out in the outside heater. he said his dad didnt look or talk to him for like 4 months

:oops: hmm omg!

he still kinda touche about the story to this day

right! I had thought the 4 months was kinda short time to... cool off !!! but then, I mean... 8 G's... in a chips bag... and he forgets it there...

and he forgets it's there?

oic, you wanted that grade at 4-degrees, sorry I forgot... thot you wanted it at 6-degrees!

but, now let me see here... 8 G's in cash... chips bag... I know what 8G's in cash feels like, and so he dint suspect something was in there? what? no! dint see anything, much less cash. no, no money, why do you ask?? well, just did as u told me... burn the trash. I just burned the trash. s o r r y !;)

kind'a reminds me of that Jimmy Stewart movie: It Is A Wonderful Life!

one day while working up at the farm, I was cutting some oak, hauling and weeding some thistles as I came across them. I had one of my cape cod weeders. I was hand hauling brush over to my burn circle and had put the weeder up on gate post for... safe keeping. then bit later I could not find it. retraced trax all over... nothing! :( this went on rest of the day as I went about my work. dark-thrity and still NO cape cod weeder. not in the ususal places I mit have put it. oh well, nbd but admit it did put a dark spot on the day. then few days later got around to wondering about it again...

hmm, maybe - could I - have picked it up and tossed it into the firein a bundle of brush? naw..... so next time I am up there, week or so later... I get out a rake and go thru the burn pile's ashes... shore... enuff soon "clank!" :confused: so I rake some more... and out I pull the metal end of the 'lost' cape cod weeder. omg. cleaned it up, made new handle and even varnished it... use it all the time, no worse for the journey... but wasn't too pretty after having spent the afternoon and evening in the burn cirle's hot fire....

cape cod weeder

ccdwdr.jpg

Found about 10ft of barbed wire a few days ago. Also a chainsaw engine, half melted, couple cheap scrwenches. Have also found 4 or 5 forks and spoons from my house. I have no idea how those get in the trash.

Do you have kids? Mine have thrown away dozens of utensils.
Yes. After teaching my son to throw away his own diapers...he now insists to throw everything in the trash, then clap his hands....

Uhhgg...

Oh well.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Well apparently it's me tossing utensils. I tossed a fork and glass a few daysvago. Only noticed because the cup o noodle foam was in the sink.

Found a nail with some wire wrapped around it the other day.

On two different occasions on the first fire of the year when cleaning the stove for the initial burn I've found a dead wood duck. One was mummified from crawling down the chimney in the spring, the other was just freshly dead. First was a hen, second a drake.

A few summers ago I about smeared a duckling on the highway going through my home town. We have a bunch of chickens, ducks, etc. so I swung back around and found him. Cars going by at 35 mph were blowing him around so I stepped out and grabbed him, semi driver wasn't too happy about it but oh well. Somebody had found another one the next day probably 200 yards from it so we ended up with a pair. Kept them in the house and they use to sit right under my shoulder and nestle in. One ended up jumping out of my hand one night putting them away, landed wrong and must have broke it's spine. I felt smaller than a thumbtack that night. We ended up raising the other one and it was a drake, man are they beautiful ducks. He was the friendliest thing ever, ate out of our hands and perked up whenever he seen us. When I'd come home for lunch during the day he would wait for me on the hood of my truck, sometimes not flying away until after I started moving.

Found a nail with some wire wrapped around it the other day.

A few summers ago I about smeared a duckling on the highway going through my home town. We have a bunch of chickens, ducks, etc. so I swung back around and found him. Cars going by at 35 mph were blowing him around so I stepped out and grabbed him, semi driver wasn't too happy about it but oh well. Somebody had found another one the next day probably 200 yards from it so we ended up with a pair. Kept them in the house and they use to sit right under my shoulder and nestle in. One ended up jumping out of my hand one night putting them away, landed wrong and must have broke it's spine. I felt smaller than a thumbtack that night. We ended up raising the other one and it was a drake, man are they beautiful ducks. He was the friendliest thing ever, ate out of our hands and perked up whenever he seen us. When I'd come home for lunch during the day he would wait for me on the hood of my truck, sometimes not flying away until after I started moving.

thanks for sharing... ur warm story... I can relate to you loosing the one duck... still, interesting to see... hear how wild life interacted with you...

thanks for sharing... ur warm story... I can relate to you loosing the one duck... still, interesting to see... hear how wild life interacted with you...

I never thought I'd be one to enjoy the birds we have but the ducks are fun. Lot of people couldn't believe that we were able to raise it from wild, much less that he seemed to enjoy our company. We've got videos and pictures, got to admit I miss that little guy. You've got the idiots out there that would have laughed at running him over, then there's me. I'd rather sit by the fire at night listenin to that little guy zip than deal with most people.

right! I had thought the 4 months was kinda short time to... cool off !!! but then, I mean... 8 G's... in a chips bag... and he forgets it there...

and he forgets it's there?

oic, you wanted that grade at 4-degrees, sorry I forgot... thot you wanted it at 6-degrees!

but, now let me see here... 8 G's in cash... chips bag... I know what 8G's in cash feels like, and so he dint suspect something was in there? what? no! dint see anything, much less cash. no, no money, why do you ask?? well, just did as u told me... burn the trash. I just burned the trash. s o r r y !;)

kind'a reminds me of that Jimmy Stewart movie: It Is A Wonderful Life!
Yes, plenty of blame to go around here. "Dad, who puts 8 grand in a potato chip bag?" "What the heck is that in this potato chip bag?" Maybe his truck is like mine and you need to clean it out with a scoop shovel.

Maybe eight grand didn't go in the stove. You know what I mean.

well, get this!: on the news yesterday... a story... woman lost $$. it was her daugher's tuition money. she is at a take out spot... inside ordering, eating etc... and she inadvertanly leaves her purse there inside... with... r u sitting down? $10,000.00 in it! yes, 10 G's... and walks out. on film they show the woman who saw it and of course, snatched it... a purse. big surprise inside... now the lady who lost it... is hoping (pleading) it will get returned...

hmm, seems to me something does not foot and tic here... :confused:

Back