Ever had anyone try to use your credentials?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a call from the secretary at my insurance agency yesterday. It appears someone called to verify insurance on me but I have never met this man and don't have him in my book. He left no callback number.

I had an ex employee try to claim that he was the owner of my service a couple of years ago and a guy called and checked on him. He got my number from my agent and called me to verify and that's how I found out one of my former employees was claiming to be me. Turned out he was even advertising using my business name and credentials on craigslist.

I have a feeling someone, maybe the same person, is trying to use my credentials again. No way to find out who the caller was yesterday or who he was trying to check on.

What would you do in this situation?

Scammers

Thats a new one on me.One good thing, ya must have a good reputation to have him/them use your name .But I'm sure VERY frustrating.Around here they'd rather STAB ya in the back. OH! another option.

no, but I did have a former customer pretend he was me when he was running around with another customer's wife. For some reason, the guy acted as though his wife was the innocent one in the whole mix, and the I somehow deserved a tail kicking. It did not work out as he had it planned though.

I have not had anyone succesfuly use my credentials, but a customer asked to photocopy my business license, contractor registration, & insurance certificate so he could "verify" my credentials. I objected, offering to give my information, but no photocopies. He got pretty mad. After the fact I called my insurance who said it is common place for criminals to try this stunt. Ask the contractor for estimate, "Verify" credentials, use the info for fraudulant purchases on materials (sales tax free). Or in worse cases use the info for a fraudulant claim on your policy. :angry2:

Latest posts

Back