ever heard of cutting the top half of a tree down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tree; my shame

Tree gnomes from the local power company topped our blue spruce a couple of times in the last few years. Now it looks like a giant blue spruce bush, with a notch (hard to see in this photo) right through the middle of it.

Next time they come out, I'll have them take it out completely (but leave me the firewood-sized chunks).

attachment.php

Tree gnomes from the local power company topped our blue spruce a couple of times in the last few years. Now it looks like a giant blue spruce bush, with a notch (hard to see in this photo) right through the middle of it.

Next time they come out, I'll have them take it out completely (but leave me the firewood-sized chunks).

attachment.php

Even somebody that knows squat about trees should know that this is just wrong..

attachment.php
what do you expect them to do,. let it grow up through the lines then your kid or a neighbors kids climbs up there and ends up like the guy in this video, would you complain about it then, you people amaze me complaining about a tree that shouldn't have been planted there in the first place.....

as for the rest of this thread....I said last year I was done.........

Last edited:
Rftreeman said: "what do you expect them to do,. let it grow up through the lines then your kid or a neighbors kids climbs up there and ends up like the guy in this video, would you complain about it then, you people amaze me complaining about a tree that shouldn't have been planted there in the first place.....

as for the rest of this thread....I said last year I was done........"

The power lines went in after the tree was planted. You can't fight city hall regarding easements if the power company says they need it.

However, I observe that the tree people guarantee themselves multiple visits to the same tree over the years that they wouldn't have had if they would have simply cut it down in the first place. Maybe I'm just suspicious by nature, but then again maybe President Obama is an alien. Actually probably is now that I think about it.

Latest posts

Back