Ever wonder how your neighbors feel................

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
.........when you're running saws a little late in the evening?

For the record, I usually try to avoid running anything after 9:00. But that self-imposed curfew is occasionally altered by beer comsumption. :msp_sneaky:

Last night the power went out just before 8:00. After being out for 10 days due to Irene, you can bet that I wasn't too thrilled to see the lights go out. An occurance that was met with language that is far from printable here. When they went out, I thought I heard something snap.

Sure enough, it was just across the road, where the wires are set back about 30ft in the woods. This realization came to me at freaking 2:00am, when I was awakened by the sound of chain saws running. Normally one of my favorite sounds in the world, but at this hour it was "you got to be kidding." I didn't want electricity, I wanted sleep. I actually laughed out loud thinking about all the racket I make around here. :biggrin:

Then these poor guys from the power company that got called out at that hour got their truck stuck in the mud. The next half hour was a symphony of the reving truck engine, spinning tires and more chainsawing as they were cutting limbs to throw under the tires.

Finally got back to sleep around 5:00, only to get up at 6:00. Kinda tired, and heading to bed soon. :msp_mellow: Or maybe I'll head out to the workshop and fire up a muff modded 288!!!

I just use some common sense, havent had any problems. I removed a Sugar Maple for one of my neighbors, also keep the other neighbors driveway clean in the winter. For any of the others, they can complain as much as they want- I dont care for their dogs barking.

i bet mine gets mad everytime i start one of my saws up.becuase i get a lot of dirty looks from over the fence.but i wasn't the one needed help to keep warm last year like they was LOL

Ha, ha, funny thread, just before dark, I started tuning my modded 084 for the warmer weather......... it was a loud session, LOL.

Sam

My neighbors are about a mile away. I don't think they can hear the saw over the other neighbors shooting their firearms off. I think they went through 5000 rounds tonight.

thank goodness we are way out in the county,, heck with it,, i think i will go make a few cuts with the 372 again

Considering I plow their drive in the winter and pride assistance with their trees, pretty much for beer, nahh...don't give a damn.

I have some neighbors who are fine, and others who seem to think that their #### doesn't stink, and their power equipment doesn't make any noise.

One guy once ran a wood chipper non stop from 7am to 8pm (I guess it was a rental), and then #####ed at me for driving around a quad about a week later while he was "eating dinner" and was trying to talk with a drumstick in his hand. :msp_mad:

MyHouse.jpg

I worry very little about neighbors. They shoot more than I do, and don't gripe about saws. I like living where I do.

Its not unheard of for there to be some kind of machine running around here all night. Neighbor is a bull hauler so he gets in at all times of the night. Fires up the big Massey and feeds his horses/cows.
Other neigbors are family, and they mise well get use to it. The rest of them within ear shot, well they just gonna have to deal with us! :) Im sure they love GTGs

I used to go out to the shed after a few beers and kick start my old Norton.....round midnight....maybe a little later.
Just cuz I missed the sound of it.
Never even occurred to me that I was only bout 60' from my neighbors house at the time.
69' 750 Commando
Money got tight after the kids started poppin out and it had to go.

I miss that old bike.

But not the neighbor!

Back