Ever wonder why?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honda solved that problem years ago when they came out with the gx25 & 35

http://m.yattool.com/product/96.html

I hadn't heard about those saws, but here's the specs,

Engine Type 4 Cycle/Air-Cooled, 4QL
Engine Displacement 79CC
Engine Performance 2150W/2.9HP
No-Load Speed 7000rpm
Bar Length 18"/20"
Fuel Tank Capacity 750ml26.4 oz
Oil Tank Capacity 180ml/2.82 oz
Machine Weight 16.5Ibs
Master Carton Size 16.3"x10.4"x11.2"
20ft/40ft/40HQ 777/1575/2025pcs

16.5#'s (assuming with the B&C), 79cc's and a no load speed of 7,000RPM and 18 or 20" B&C, it doesn't seem to ME like they have solved any problem except the 4 strokes old issue with engine orientation

That is a Lot of weight, and low performance for a chainsaw, I wouldn't want to think about what the specs on a 395XP, or 3120XP replacement would look like, probably in the 225cc+/40#+ range:surprised3::(:(.

My 3120XP reminds every time I use it, that I'm NOT 19 anymore, the 4 stroke equivalent, I don't even want to Think about:eek::eek::eek:

Doug :cheers:

Yep, at 2.9 HP, it falls right between Husky"s 2.8 HP/50cc /11.2# 445, and the 2.95 HP/43cc/9,92# 543xp

But at 16.5#, it falls right between the 6.5 HP/88cc/16.1# 390XP, and the 7.1 HP/94cc/17.1# 395XP

So, do you want an Overweight Saw, an under powered saw, OR a 2 Stroke saw?

does this fall under the "No Brainer" catagory;)

At this point, four strokes aren't even competitive, an extra 5#+ in the performance class they are in is a Deal Breaker, who wants to do "Light Work" with a Heavy Saw, that thing is heavier than my 390XP:(:(,
There is a Reason that I don't use my 390XP for limbing and wood under 18";)

Doug :cheers:

Honda solved that problem [/URL]
Other than the obvious ridiculous power to weight, there is a reason why you don't see them being copied. Friends of mine have a horse ranch, and think horses drop dead when scared (everytime I see those nervouse maniacs, I remember why I preffer a big Pony).
And they switched to a Honda 4T weedeaters for their low noise operation.
They needed to lend my little shindaiwa regulary because theirs failed so often.
In the end the dealer literally lost it. And that was that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

I want to dig this back up. Although a power valve doesn’t make sense for a chainsaw application, could something very similar be used to substitute an expansion chamber? A valve could potentially create similar results to the sound waves in a pipe. Instead of pipe length, the valve could open and close at specific timing. Has anyone tried something like that?

Back