Exit stage left

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a guy from Ceder Rapids come down to take a look, guess he thought we was looking at a new truck, started to pick it apart, stopped him be fore he started with a "yeah, its a old Asplundh truck, it is what it is and I really don't care, the price is the price and if it sells it does, if it dont, it will sit, so its whatever,again I don't care" or something like that! He said "thanks for your time" LOL. Tired of these dudes who watch to much tv and think they are going to do like pawn stars and low ball everything. You cant buy a broken down POS for what I am asking, so guess it will sit. Not really getting out of tree work, just going over to the big show.

Yeah the " pawn stars mentality" :msp_scared:

Selling the dump trailer today, think I sold the grapple yesterday to a HO, dude has a cat track machine, we were working at his house yesterday and I brought it over so he could check it out, nothing but smiles. So I guess I will separate the stuff. So any body looking for a skid loader with a good trailer, 13.5 and its yours. Bucket truck and chipper 27.5 and that is a freakin deal! Gotta get rid of this stuff. Think we may have a place, found a nice apartment near my work, that will work for now, luckily we found a lady who manages a bunch of them thats from my part of Iowa, so a little trust is there. Now to find a enclosed trailer.

I love Danno, his posts are kinda like those puzzles in the funnies, the mindbenders, trying to figure out what the hell he is saying, sometimes I get them, and they make perfect sense. Now that your a Tree Freak, I think you need to dress up in bondage and pose next to a tree.........new avatar maybe!

Landed a "luxury" apartment, granite and stainless, resort like pool area, lots of parking (which will be a issue, 2 Iowa trucks, 3 company trucks) Manager is from Iowa............sweeeeet. 2 miles to the shop, 10 miles from the beach.:clap: and they need tree work!

Hve had no time to study, planned on being up to speed on the palms before I got there,not going to happen. Started packing up my office. Yes it is possible to put 10lbs of crap in a 1lb bag, just saying. 5 boxes of tree books.

Changed my phone message and referred all clients and new customers to Davey. Put a nice little letter on the site explaining the deal, so it will be a nice break from the phone. Its go time, going to knock out a couple more jobs then I am done. Built 2 large embark boxes to sto all my gear.
I have one thing left to do, find a enclosed trailer. Ya gotta be quick, every time I do find one, they are gone.:cry:

Yep, have been up there, freakin beautiful! Planning on teaching my old boss how to climb and then going up to the Redwoods and doing a rec climb up Hyperion (379.4ft!) if they let us. Going to try and contact that Steve Sillet (sp?) the guy who measures them, to see how we can do it with out getting arrested! The trip is for next year, lots of prep action for sumtin like that. They will probably tell me to go jump of a cliff, but worth a try!

Check out recent (within the last year) National Geographic issues, they climbed a bunch up there, might give you some leads on who to contact :cool2:

I love Danno, his posts are kinda like those puzzles in the funnies, the mindbenders, trying to figure out what the hell he is saying, sometimes I get them, and they make perfect sense. Now that your a Tree Freak, I think you need to dress up in bondage and pose next to a tree.........new avatar maybe!

Landed a "luxury" apartment, granite and stainless, resort like pool area, lots of parking (which will be a issue, 2 Iowa trucks, 3 company trucks) Manager is from Iowa............sweeeeet. 2 miles to the shop, 10 miles from the beach.:clap: and they need tree work!

Hve had no time to study, planned on being up to speed on the palms before I got there,not going to happen. Started packing up my office. Yes it is possible to put 10lbs of crap in a 1lb bag, just saying. 5 boxes of tree books.

Changed my phone message and referred all clients and new customers to Davey. Put a nice little letter on the site explaining the deal, so it will be a nice break from the phone. Its go time, going to knock out a couple more jobs then I am done. Built 2 large embark boxes to sto all my gear.
I have one thing left to do, find a enclosed trailer. Ya gotta be quick, every time I do find one, they are gone.:cry:

Aww shucks.:heart:

I never heard the stuffing the rabbit story , I only saw a rabbit get stuffed Into a dress ! Which BTW is a measure of what a good dad will do for his kids LOL , still is kinda ####ed though hard story to tell your buddies with a straight face over a beer and ciggy LOL

FML!! So my buddy Mikey G in San Diego, went by my apartment and took a look. He calls, I say wat up, he says "DONT DO IT,DONT DO IT!!" He said the apartment was actually pretty nice, well kept, but had meth head looking white dudes "all hangin' out everywhere", homeless people everywhere, it was next to the high school, and he said every time there is a game, there is a gang fight and someone get's shot or stabbed. 9 cops cars at the school, not responding to anything, but as if they are stationed there! 9 cops at a school!!! Holy shnikeys! All the stores have bars on the windows, graffiti every where. Not where I want to live! SHYAT! I owe that guy a big freakin steak! Was going to next day air the deposit today, 1G, went to do it yesterday, but they where closed cause of Columbus Day, thank freaking god! Lady has put a lot of work into the place, but ya cant change a whole "hood" into a neighborhood.

Supposedly sold my skid loader last night w/trailer, full price........bonus....I guess, I hate selling this stuff, like getting rid of a old dog that always been faithful! They are picking it up tonight. All I have left is the bucket and chipper.

Last edited:
FML!! So my buddy Mikey G in San Diego, went by my apartment and took a look. He calls, I say wat up, he says "DONT DO IT,DONT DO IT!!" He said the apartment was actually pretty nice, well kept, but had meth head looking white dudes "all hangin' out everywhere", homeless people everywhere, it was next to the high school, and he said every time there is a game, there is a gang fight and someone get's shot or stabbed. 9 cops cars at the school, not responding to anything, but as if they are stationed there! 9 cops at a school!!! Holy shnikeys! All the stores have bars on the windows, graffiti every where. Not where I want to live! SHYAT! I owe that guy a big freakin steak! Was going to next day air the deposit today, 1G, went to do it yesterday, but they where closed cause of Columbus Day, thank freaking god! Lady has put a lot of work into the place, but ya cant change a whole "hood" into a neighborhood.

Supposedly sold my skid loader last night w/trailer, full price........bonus....I guess, I hate selling this stuff, like getting rid of a old dog that always been faithful! They are picking it up tonight. All I have left is the bucket and chipper.

Just pull up like this

[video=youtube;fxAQR0fLJvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxAQR0fLJvc[/video]

Just pull up like this

[video=youtube;fxAQR0fLJvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxAQR0fLJvc[/video]

Now that would be hilarious! I can see him now pulling up in his ford with Iowa plates and slaping the shet out of some young gang banger!

This could be beans and his family getting lost in his new hood.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hwBoa-NbNL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Back