Exit stage left

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FML!! So my buddy Mikey G in San Diego, went by my apartment and took a look....

It's good that you can have a pal in San Diego check it out for you, but you can do a lot of initial screening with Google Maps - street view. It's a lot faster than driving there, and you can quickly scan the entire neighborhood.

Not to purchase...just to see if you should look any closer.

It's good that you can have a pal in San Diego check it out for you, but you can do a lot of initial screening with Google Maps - street view. It's a lot faster than driving there, and you can quickly scan the entire neighborhood.

Not to purchase...just to see if you should look any closer.

Ok, street view is nice but it does not beat 'Boots on the Ground'.
If Scott ask's me to check out something, Heck yeah, I will give him the skinny and google don't.
Jeff :msp_tongue:

Shucks. I was just trying to cut down on your false starts and wasted miles.

I don't doubt that you would screen a prospective neighborhood much better than I would for myself. Geez! Just look at where my shop is. Speaking of which...remember the thread last year where my former tree climber killed a couple of guys ?

My only female employee in the last several years just got indicted for 1st degree murder. It would seem that her partner in crime refused to return the stuff they stole from her cousin, so she came back with a gun and rubbed her out. Nope...I fired her about 6 weeks ago, so were not involved at all in this.

sgreanbeans: get ready! You are moving to the big city, and there will be lots of that stuff going on around you now. In the urban environment, you can't run, and you can't hide. Crime & violence is everywhere.

Jeff, was going to call you but Mike was bidding work down there. I changed my mind, going to do it, did the street view thing and cruised around. I don't live in a great hood, not much different than the one I seen, so I don't think I have much to worry about (I hope) but we need a place BAAAAAAD and the apt itself is really nice, so we are going to make a go of it. If it is that bad, we will just move out. Lady hit me up with some more emails, putting out her "word" that the place is fine, she called out the Iowa thing and said she wouldn't tell me that it was cool if it wasn't.
Figure, when I move in, I will wear cammies and face paint, throw my tactical rifle bag on my back (it really just has a red rider in it,lol) and move in with that on me, making sure all the peeps see the crazy dude moving in who is armed. That would probably back fire on me
Now, if anyone knows the concealed carry deal in Cali, getting mine here, does it transfer? How does that work.

Sold the Skid loader and trailer last night. Still have the grapple, if I don't sell it, I will bring it with me, we could use it out there and CARB cant say anything!

...Now, if anyone knows the concealed carry deal in Cali, getting mine here, does it transfer? How does that work...

Concealed carry? San Diego County? Surely you jest.

Here is some info for you. Please be aware of the restrictions on "large capacity magazines".

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/infobuls/9906.pdf?

Firearms Information for New California Residents | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

Bureau of Firearms | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

OK, but don't blame me if you moved into a gang-war neighborhood!

I wouldn't blame you. I WOULD BLAME HER! But I hope you are wrong!
I called the police station and they said that, that part of the hood has really been cleaned up, the guy who owns my place has purchased most of the others and plans on dumping major coin into them, like he did on mine. I looked at the before and after numbers on the place, was valued at just under a mil, now its at 4.3 mil, big freakin difference! Would like to meet this guy!

Set up the move, having UPACK do the deal, kinda like pods but with a known trucking company.

Going this weekend to get the wife a range rover, used, cant afford a new one, 70+ G's holy crap!

Figures, we call about the range rover and it gone :mad: Oh well, I tried, now its a new Explorer

Sold the bucket truck and grapple, nice guy, going to Arbormaster on Monday, he realizes his weaknesses and wants to learn the way of the Jedi. So I feel good about where it went. All I have left is the chipper..........sweet

I would rather have the explorer. I put about 340,000 miles on my '96. When I sold it, it was running as good as the day I bought it. Except for the 3 transmissions I put in it, it was practically repair free. I used to routinely tow my chipper truck (with load and chipper on the back) back to my shop with it. I can't really blame the tranny for giving up the ghost a little too often.

That was about the best machine I ever bought, and that includes a whole lot of chainsaws.

Figures, we call about the range rover and it gone :mad: Oh well, I tried, now its a new Explorer

Sold the bucket truck and grapple, nice guy, going to Arbormaster on Monday, he realizes his weaknesses and wants to learn the way of the Jedi. So I feel good about where it went. All I have left is the chipper..........sweet

I picked up an LR3 Last year really nice rides. My wife loves it, i think the headlights steer with you.

I am perplexed. I need help with a decision. I have already contracted a trucking company to drop a trailer and we pack, they haul. That said, I keep thinking about the "what ifs" with that type of move, what else is going into the trailer besides my stuff. I have the opp to buy a 24ft enclosed trailer and move it myself. Weighing the pros and cons, it is about even. Do I just carry on and do the deal with the trucking company, and hop the other people don't have drugs, bed bugs, roaches etc. and enjoy a trailer free ride to Cali, or do I cancel, buy the trailer and lug it out there myself. Then turn and sell it out there? :msp_confused:

We bought a 2011 Explorer Limited. Its pretty sweet, looks mean. Has a the bells and whistles and check this out, my wife loves Pink, as most girls do (save it, its my wife) so we show it to a friend last night, turn on the lights so we can see what the dash lights look like, who ever had it before us had fiber optic lights installed in certain places, with neon hot pink! My wife freaked, as we didnt see this at the dealer, pretty much a total bonus for her, now she is in love! Has the dual DVDS, supercharged V6, 4x4, its black and has a tactical looking grill, and the thing is murdered out with a bit of chrome her and there. Traded in one of the work trucks on it. The kid that does the detailing seen the truck( 97 f-250 HD long bed) and he fell in love, so he gets it, per some old dude that looked like he may be the owner of the dealership. So the truck gets a good home too.........for the moment, all is well in Iowegia........cept, what the F do I do about that damn trailer!

I would ask the company if you could get a trailer for your stuff only. Maybe they could drop off one of those shorter trailers.

I am getting the shorter trailer. But will only fill about 13-15ft of it, they are really tall.

Oh yeah, have the chipper marked down to 8g's, only thing left and I would really like to get it out of here, but 8 is the lowest, which I think is a steal. 110hp John Deere 12" Morbark. 1235hrs

I wonder if greenbeans made it out west ok? Anyone hear from him?

Good luck Scott with your new endeavor. Maybe I look you and Jeffie up when I come out to visit my daughter in S. Diego (Cardiff) next time.

You guys are all as cute as ever! Thanks for the laughs. Been tipping over ash trees mostly every day. Prob 30 % gone in the entire Cinci.

[video=youtube_share;Q3-a4qWCtIg]http://youtu.be/Q3-a4qWCtIg[/video]

Yo, 74..........sunny, nice ocean air, good food everywhere. Running 110 as usual.

So I got a gift on My last day, got to watch a complete tool work. The builder next door thought I was leaving on the 22, so he sent in a Certified hack on the 24th, I was still there. Had him prune the big oaks, way to early for them, and I called him out on it. I could tell he didn't think I would be there and was like "oh shyat" when he pulled up. Then I got to watch him work. OMFG, what a freaking joke. Must have had his chain on backwards as he took as long to cut a 8"er as it would take to cut a stump, bad cuts, peels, the works. I told the builder not to touch the trees as he ripped out most of the roots, 360 around it, now it lost maybe 35-40% of canopy. Trees are doomed. Here is the kicker! I got it all on the GoPro! I will get it up when I get all my stuff here, you guys will freaking love this. I have always wanted to see him climb and on my last day in Iowa, and there he was!A gift from the tree gods!

Oh and this guy is a CA, wonder if the ISA would like a copy of the vid.

I am here now, and will be diggin in on Wednesday, so I will not be around much, till I get a handle on my job and have everything running on all 8, seeya fellas!

Hi Dave!

See ya in a bit Jeff

Back