Exstended bar nuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matildasmate

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for exstended bar nuts for mounting saw look at pic. Cheers Manfred

For the BIL mill I turned up 50 mm longer bar bolts so the mill can bolt straight onto the powerhead. I made them from 14 mm diameter tensile steel bolts. They have the same 14mm diameter bar collars as regular bar bolts . I could probably afford to lose 25 mm in length but I'll wait and see how they work out before cutting them.

attachment.php

Here's a shot from further back so you can see how it all connects.

attachment.php

And from the other end with the bar and chain connected up for the first time.
attachment.php

I proved with a little chain gymnastics I could put the chain on and take the chain off without removing the CS from the mill.

The benefits of connecting direct to the bar bolts is demonstrated by finally getting to measure the cutting length of 39.5" from the 42" bar - could probably squeeze another 1/2" out of it if I had to.

Cheers

Last edited:
Chainsawmill

For the BIL mill I turned up 50 mm longer bar bolts so the mill can bolt straight onto the powerhead. I made them from 14 mm diameter tensile steel bolts. They have the same 14mm diameter bar collars as regular bar bolts . I could probably afford to lose 25 mm in length but I'll wait and see how they work out before cutting them.

attachment.php

Here's a shot from further back so you can see how it all connects.

attachment.php

And from the other end with the bar and chain connected up for the first time.
attachment.php

I proved with a little chain gymnastics I could put the chain on and take the chain off without removing the CS from the mill.

The benefits of connecting direct to the bar bolts is demonstrated by finally getting to measure the cutting length of 39.5" from the 42" bar - could probably squeeze another 1/2" out of it if I had to.

Cheers

Hey Bob What a flash mill mate

Hey Bob What a flash mill mate

Thanks MM, I'll let you know how flash it really is once I give it a real run.

I spent this evening working on the Aux Oil tank and plumbing. The tank is made from a piece of 4" diameter Ally pipe. I want the Aux Oiler to be really sturdy and reliable so I have put a fair bit of time into it - might post a pic tomorrow if I finish it

Back