Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a nice poplar there Joe. How's you like the ground chains?

189208-timber-jpg

189217d1309577609-bucking-size-jpg

Nice, flippin tree! What species is that? Looks like some type of oak. Do you get any logs beyond the fork in the top? Good one, keep em coming.

Poplar, Tulip poplar. Its a soft hardwood, logs go mostly for interior parts on furniture, the biggest market is peelers for plywood but these are too big for that. Yes, we get wood out of the tops, usually its puplwood but in this case there are also some saw logs-- This stand has had some big diameter but that has come with some huge tops.

sloppy double posting.

View attachment 189213
View attachment 189214
View attachment 189215
View attachment 189216
View attachment 189217
Bucking in the bind, just like it when another 10' 800 bf log rolls to the bottom of the cut.

It can get you, but I've seen plenty of better (worse) ways to get pinched.

Of course, cc's help with that bind too!

I'm a bit homophobic, so I don't like to give hearts to another guys. Like it anyway.

[video=youtube;WkGJQemjRF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkGJQemjRF4[/video]

nice old xl. 350? 500?. looks like it has that 23" front wheel. wanting to say 79/80?

LOL I deffinately don't know what the block is.....that is what you are asking right?...I do not know much at all about the rigging. All I know is that the hookers like the butt's toward the machine quartered in the lead of the way they will deck when you get close to the road......That's really all I have worried myself with! lol I will make it a point to find out what it is......

LOL I deffinately don't know what the block is.....that is what you are asking right?...I do not know much at all about the rigging. All I know is that the hookers like the butt's toward the machine quartered in the lead of the way they will deck when you get close to the road......That's really all I have worried myself with! lol I will make it a point to find out what it is......

LMAO!!!!! The motercycle!!!!!!!LOLx1000

Back