Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that's where you keep the whiskey! I'm storin this info til I come over again, and I ain't bringin glasses by god!

Quit bull-####tin' you knew exactly were it was. You gonna be around the house tomorow? Heading to the saw shop, I'll swing by for some chain and more bs if you'll be in.

It is a warm wind that blows tonight, 35 knots worth, temp is rising ahead of the next front, went from 52 to 57 in the last 4 hours. This can't be good.

Aye Cap'n, she's a Nor' Wester' that'll blow like the milltails of hell and put frostbite on Davey Jones' ass 'fore she's through

My report. At 5AM it was 48 out. Now it is 44.

I put out my 5 gallon bucket at 4PM yesterday, and it now has 1.25 inches of water in it. I used my bright pink wooden Smokey Bear ruler.

It is still raining. It has not slacked off at all this morning. It has been a good pie baking day. Now, I'll have to weatherize and go out, or go crazy.

still raining, at least the wind droped off . had about 100mph winds yesterday, hwy 18 to the coast closed due to downed trees. happens every year they cut up to a 100 yards off the road and can't figure why they come down when the wind blows. the ironic thing about it is a logtruck got nailed by a tree . it allways takes them forever to clear it because the state hwy dept. are afraid of a little wind to go buck it out.

Your weather is confusing the fish. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HAH_0Ql1Kq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ya thats funny $$$$ there. seems to happen there all the time. the heck with hillbilly hand fishin "noodling" just send your little friend out to fetch them up.

Ok enough of the damn weather, our trees are too short to blow over in any regular interval. I do thank you boys from the west for the block face though, specifically Randy and Bob.

These are great for production and there happens to be quite a few next to the house and buildings on this one. The first 10' was firewood. I ended up with 3 8's. I have to admit I cheated on this one. Had a cable 2/3s up with the other end on my machine as someone pulled and I cut. It was leaning hard over the shed. Wedges buried and dead limbs raining. Got my rush for the day.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Just realized in 2 days this thread will be 2 years old. I'm 8 pints in tonight boys. Bout to hit the sack. Little bro turned 15 today, had to celebrate. I'll be 30 in a couple months. ####, where does it go?

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

View attachment 208439
View attachment 208440

Last edited:
Hey, that ain't cheating. Way I see it is mother nature has stacked the deck against us, mined the road to get there, razor wire and tank traps, etc. Then there are the dangers of actually starting to cut the tree. If a cable up there and a friend pulling means you win I say more power to ya. It is fun to git-er-done using as little help as possible, makes us feel like we have a fighting chance and all that. But, if you have to go all D-day on a tree to be sure you win then I say do it and be proud that you had the firepower available.:rock:

Mr. HE:cool:

Playin cheap tree service again today. Waited for the wind to finally die for these. Not much for yield.

Second stump of the day. Leaning back pretty good and the road parallel to the lay. Nice and snappy this morning.
attachment.php

Threadin the needle a little.
attachment.php

How long is this fix going to last? Bets???? The modified nail has been on for several weeks now, but I'm not sure about the link.
attachment.php

View attachment 209261
View attachment 209262
View attachment 209263

it woulda lasted forever, but takin a pic and askin about it automatically means it's goin to snap tomorrow

What about the bet?

Jesus christ, I gotta stop chokin this thread up with my pics. Ok, thats it till I move to the next one.

Last edited:
What about the bet?

Jesus christ, I gotta stop chokin this thread up with my pics. Ok, thats it till I move to the next one.

Hey Bitz, what do all the locals say about all your West Coast felling techniques? Bet they wanna show ya the sloping backcut or bore cut. :hmm3grin2orange:

What about the bet?

You ain't choking anything up, always neat to see pics of how things are done elsewhere.
You staying steady? Hope so.
Got a day off tomorow, new job and everything's all ####ed up already. This has still gotta be approved, that's still gotta be approved................#### Me!!!!!!! Sometimes you just have to wonder if you're the only ####er getting anything done.

Hope the new venture's going good Bob, keep it up with the pics - Sam

Last edited:
What about the bet?

I'm too damn broke to bet, but I'll give you 50 cool points :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Bitz, what do all the locals say about all your West Coast felling techniques? Bet they wanna show ya the sloping backcut or bore cut. :hmm3grin2orange:

"Whazzat Sonny Jim? you young fellas wi cha fancy Humboldts and ya 28" bars and ya full wrap handlebars, foooey says I"

You ain't choking anything up, always neat to see pics of how things are done elsewhere.
You staying steady? Hope so.
Got a day off tomorow, new job and everything's all ####ed up already. This has still gotta be approved, that's still gotta be approved................#### Me!!!!!!! Sometimes you just have to wonder if you're the only ####er getting anything done.

Hope the new venture's going good Bob, keep it up with the pics - Sam

Awwwww, come on Sam, you know yer happy as the devil in hell to go wolf huntin tomorrow

Latest posts

Back