Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harrison out of Red Bluff, I didn't stay for the pay, I stayed to fall timber. I laid waste to 20 acres of OG Pine and Cedar, on good ground, took me about three weeks. Did I make any money? Some. The old guy took good care of me, a great place to stay, all the food I could eat. This was in the barbarian period, I zig-zaged around looking for anything I could chainsaw into submission, A job like this was heaven. Money wasn't an issue then, I just wanted to thrash the daylights outta the forest, lift the shade off the ground. I'd saw anything, I love to do slashing, prep work, killing brush with a 10-10 with a 28" was good for the maniac. Back to bucks, how much do you think old Ray paid me to be his second saw? $50.00 a day plus expenses, I should have paid him for the expirience, can't put a number on that.

Sounded like a great reason to stay!

yummy woods! hehe

your wood are in good position I observe. In my place most of this kind of woods are located in very awkward position... :greenchainsaw:

thought I'd keep burvol's thread a-goin'...

a few pics.
Unnamed14.jpg

Unnamed15.jpg

Unnamed13.jpg

0414001703-1.jpg

0414001703a.jpg

0414001705-1.jpg

And on this hardwood... the face closes and pow: this happens.
0414001638-1.jpg

Heavy head leaner and I thought I was keepin' up with it... It pulled wood out all the way down to a few inches into the ground. Reverse barber chair?

0414001703-1.jpg

0414001703a.jpg

0414001705-1.jpg

And on this hardwood... the face closes and pow: this happens.
0414001638-1.jpg

Heavy head leaner and I thought I was keepin' up with it... It pulled wood out all the way down to a few inches into the ground. Reverse barber chair?

Nice looking stumps for the most part.
Those dead and decaying trees have a bad reputation for a reason. That tree looks like it had a bad rotten spot below the face that failed when the weight of the tree pressed down on it and then started pulling forward.
Do you have any more pictures or details of the one with a stump failure?

Latest posts

Back