Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine took a short clip of me dumping a dead tree today, haha I didnt even know he was doing so. It should be up loaded on the tube here soon. Il get it on here so everyone can see the ease coaster cut a 40+ incher with his 20" bar.(It was all I had people, I cant find my chains, lost in the move).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it be. .

Could someone clue me in on how to imbed stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQK85tCFL8Y

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQK85tCFL8Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQK85tCFL8Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks, and yes it was. Spruce right?

Can't tell from the vid? First guess is Spruce, maybe grand fir, or White fir maybe? I fell some nice Red and White Fir around that area. Fell a snag off about a 100' bluff on that job too...oops...it was an accident(I lost it over backards)...that's my story anyhow, and I'm stickin to it :)

Last edited:
it sure looked like you walked up and spit on the stump at the end, was it that bad? ;)

I think what you are seeing is some steamy breath that I am expelling. That tree got me alittle winded at the end, between facing, swinging the ax, scarfing, sniping, cutting the heart, and back cut. all the face jazz was just so I could get deep enough into the heart. I didnt want to have to screw around in the back cut, blocking and such. I went up and rounded it all up today with a 32''(bought a chain today.) and my friend estimated that it was 57''. I don't know about that, im gonna measure tomorrow. . .

I need to get a video camera maybe one day I'll crush a house or a car. It would be a shame not to get it on video! I've had some cool things happen, like a huge tree flip a log a hundred feet in the air and harpoon a beaver lodge. That sh.. rocks never a camera when you need em'. That's it you talked me into it I'm getting one. Those great videos are too compelling! And they are legal too.

attachment.php
I took this after the HO said "shoulda called a pro" My brain said laugh hard but my wallet said not.

Well Hello Everyone..
Im New here.. Have never logged for a company. or worked in the industry.
I do however Cut Firewood, as a side job, and also for my own heat.
I ran a Saw on a Hotshot crew 10 years ago also.
Been cutting wood for around 7 years.
Been falling various trees for 10 years.
Mostly cut Western Juniper for wood, but also cut Lodge Pole Pine..
Heres a couple Pics of some lodge pole.
-3.jpg

Stump
-4.jpg

Another tree
-6.jpg

Loaded and heading down the Hill..
-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back